6 replies to this topic

#1 Col Klinx

Col Klinx

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 12:29 PM

The doors on my 78 pickup don't quite close all the way, at best there is still a noticable gap at the back bottom corner of the door, if ya look through it you can see the ground, you can also tell its still loose. Any ideas on what to check to remedy this problem? I came out of school one day and had snow drifts on my floor and seat and thats when i noticed it. At first i thought the doors we're warped or sumthing but it turns out they just don't close all the way. Any help would be great. Also i just got my new CB radio and i think iam gonna mount it to the roof of my truck does anybody know what that involves or how much it would cost to have a shopt do it?

#2 4xfan78

4xfan78

F-Series Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Anything Ford prefer 78-79 bronco<br>The bigger the better

Posted 27 December 2004 - 04:02 PM

Do not know about the cb thing. The prob. with the doors sounds like the hindges are bad, need 2 people and about $30 to fix. If they still do not close correctly I would check the striker, it may need adjusting.
GOT MUD?

#3 Guest_custom_78_*

Guest_custom_78_*

Posted 27 December 2004 - 04:23 PM

The stricker and the hinges can be adjusted

#4 fbrown3

fbrown3

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Fishing and spending outdoor time with my boys, playing with the BII

Posted 27 December 2004 - 04:37 PM

I would not suggest mounting the cb in the ceiling, I did that one time after hitting my head several times I put down on the floor under the dash next to the glove box. Also got tired of the mike cord whiping around and catching my hand and face while trying to drive on ruff roads. as far as the doors go I agree with the others, it sounds like the latch needs adjusted, had that trouble on my suburban once. only adjust a little at a time, a little moves a lot.

#5 Billz4x4z

Billz4x4z

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Trucks,4 Wheelin,Workin on Stuff,campin,the outdoors,NASCAR,meetin new people to go wheelin with,Truck shows family time

Posted 28 December 2004 - 05:14 PM

Open the door and grab a hold of the bottom corner and see if ya can lift up on the door,if so the hinges are worn out.Also check the striker pin to make sure the plastic bushig that goes around isn't worn or missing.You also can adjust the striker pin in some to bring the door in for a tighter seal.By the way if the striker is worn out you can buy em new at just about any parts store for around 6 bucks
If ya don't get hung up once in a while your not wheelin hard enough
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Bradt

Bradt

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 07:03 PM

By the way if the striker is worn out you can buy em new at just about any parts store for around 6 bucks

I've got a spare set of strikers w/bracket if you need them. I just needed the bushing off them, so let me know.

Best bet for your hinges/strikers/bushings is to go to a salvage yard. Most places (at least around here) don't care about those parts and will give them to you. Just remember to give the yard guy a fiver and he'll hook you up.

brad

#7 Col Klinx

Col Klinx

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 11:30 AM

Do ya think that it could be the weatherstripping cause i was looking at the passenger side door and it latches all the way and the strikers are fine but it rattles sooooo bad goin down rough roads. Where could i go for a complete door seal kit and get the best deal. I saw some at JC Whitney that looked good. Also would weatherstripping from newer Ford trucks work because my Uncle can get me some from his plant in Kentucky for free.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users