Exhaust Routing And Headers

7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_biggnat79_*

Guest_biggnat79_*

Posted 19 February 2004 - 09:50 PM

The guy I bought my bronco from ran the exhaust over the rear axle to the rear end, so anytime I drive with the top off or the rear window down I get the sweet smell of exhaust. I want to install new pipes that exit in front of the rear tires to avoid the extra bends to get over the axle and the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. It looks like the easiest way is to have both pipes exit on the passenger side. Will the heat from the pipes cause uneven wear on the rear tires? Im also looking to install a set of headers. Any inputs on brand, type and whether or not they are really worth the money? 1990 302

#2 davids78bronco

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Work all day, and build Bronco accessories in my free time. I've built pre-runner and winch bumpers, rock sliders and rear bumpers, w/ or w/o tire carriers, as well as HD cargo racks (not the bolt-to-your-hardtop POS's)

Posted 20 February 2004 - 01:45 AM

It looks like the easiest way is to have both pipes exit on the passenger side.  Will the heat from the pipes cause uneven wear on the rear tires?

That's about the strangest question I've ever heard. To answer it, no, there won't be any problem. The smell you're dealing with, is the nature of the beast. No matter where you route it, how you route it, or where you route it too, there's always going to be that smell, with the top on and the windows rolled down - especially so if just the rear window is down. You really shouldn't have a problem with the top off, however, unless you've got an exhaust leak under the floor somewhere

#3 Guest_azrockrat_*

Guest_azrockrat_*

Posted 20 February 2004 - 05:41 PM

I want to install new pipes that exit in front of the rear tires

you answered your own question right there.. and as dave said it si the nature of the beast with the broncos with the top off or windows down

#4 Guest_Gunner_*

Guest_Gunner_*

Posted 23 February 2004 - 04:20 AM

am i the only one that likes that sweet exhaust smell and the smell of fuel burning?

#5 Guest_pooh145_*

Guest_pooh145_*

Posted 23 February 2004 - 12:19 PM

NOPE! I love it as well :D

#6 Guest_94F150-408_*

Guest_94F150-408_*

Posted 25 February 2004 - 03:30 PM

The best smel has to be Nitro!

#7 Guest_Gunner_*

Guest_Gunner_*

Posted 26 February 2004 - 10:53 AM

NITRO!!!!!!!!!! THIS ISNT HONDA WORLD. WE DONT USE NO FREEKIN NITRO. GO AWAY WITH THAT CA-CA. naw i am just playing but honestly my favorite smell in the whole world is the smell of spent ammo. god it doesnt get any better then that.

#8 highboy73

highboy73

FORDing thru life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 08:04 PM

ummmmmm gun powder!!!!!ooooohhhh and beer

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users