300 6 cyl carb mods

1 reply to this topic

#1 retired hippie

retired hippie

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 08:15 AM

anybody got rid of 1 bbl?Iwould like rochester2jet and new distributor. any ideas?i have dead mint 1985 bronco way to stock.please help.by the way nice to meet yaall.oh ya i have a 300 6 cyl.

Edited by retired hippie, 21 May 2005 - 08:19 AM.

#2 hillbilly

hillbilly

hillbilluy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:girls, trucks, cars, bikes, boats. and tellin supid idiots off!

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:53 PM

anybody got rid of 1 bbl?Iwould like rochester2jet and new distributor. any ideas?i have dead mint 1985 bronco way to stock.please help.by the way nice to meet yaall.oh ya i have a 300 6 cyl.

ya dude lets mix up those parts. I'm dead straght. are you ready,first make a plate to match 2GC base plate, open oval ok, tap for carb studs . now lay out a pattern of four holes inside your hold down pattern,need to use counter sunk heads. you with me so far ?now remove original carb mounting boss(grinder or saw?I supose you could use a mill, what fun would that be)make oval opening and drill and tap for your new home made carb adapter.p.s. get 2GC with elc. choke, makes it easy.the linkage is up to you. if you got this far you can handle that. keep in mind when going from v8 to 6cly. you my need to up jet ,sounds wrong? signal at carb is not as strong with smaller cid. have done it before ,trust me! from the mountain .hillbilly

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users