'65 F100-unknown engine

2 replies to this topic

#1 juanchostruck

juanchostruck

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 07:44 PM

I just started working on my father-in-laws truck. He passed away and left me no info as to the truck. I know it's a 1965 F100, but on the side door, under transmission it has the letter "N" and the engine is a V-8, but seems more like a 292 than a 352, which was the only V-8 available in '65. I am not sure what's going on. I doubt the engine was swapped out, but I could use some help. Any help or references to somebody that could help would be great.
Thanks

#2 BlackFord77

BlackFord77

BlackFordTruck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 09:22 AM

To identify the engine-- look on the right rear side of the block-- right above the starter and facing the ground (or the bottom of the engine). There is a number code cast into the block (in raised metal letters and numbers). If the first letter is "C" it's a 60's block, "D" would be 1970's, etc. The second number is the last number of the decade ("C9" would be: 1969). If you email the whole code to Shawn at: [email protected] I can help decipher the rest of the code if you're still interested.

#3 redneckin

redneckin

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1969

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:18 AM

I just started working on my father-in-laws truck. He passed away and left me no info as to the truck. I know it's a 1965 F100, but on the side door, under transmission it has the letter "N" and the engine is a V-8, but seems more like a 292 than a 352, which was the only V-8 available in '65. I am not sure what's going on. I doubt the engine was swapped out, but I could use some help. Any help or references to somebody that could help would be great.
Thanks

It possibly could be a 302 like the f-100 1969 have?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users