My first real truck

No replies to this topic

#1 bigblack460

bigblack460

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 03:53 PM

Hi everyone. I just aquired my first real truck. It is a well used 1992 F-350 with a 460 an auto tranny and heavy duty everything. When my grandpa ordered it new in 1992 he checked off everything on the sheet that was heavy duty and nothing that wasnt. ie: no a/c, am/fm radio, vinyl bench seat, manual windows and locks, regular black paint heavy springs, snowplow package, trailer package.It was used as a service truck at our propane business When my grandpa died it was sold to my cousin who put around 8,000 miles because of the 7 MPG it gets. When he got a new truck I bought it and removed the trashed service body, cleaned the interior, sliced off the crappy exhaust and put a set of 38 inch superswamper TSL's on black 16.5 rims. It looks so much better now. I also installed a K&N intake. It still runs strong with 173,000 miles. The only thing that has ever really broken was the waterpump gasket went so they replaced it and the pump. Other then that its all routine care. Plans include, 6 inch lift, better tires, rebuilt motor, rebuilt tranny and T-case,supercharger, lockers, duel fuel kit(propane or gasoline), and a RoadArmor bumper. Ill be coming to the forum for advice for a while. Thanks

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users