2 replies to this topic

#1 1977f150

1977f150

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:36 AM

i bought my truck a year ago and drove it i thought the transfer case was in neutral ,(i have the 4 speed manual)when i drove it, then i removed the front driveshaft to replace the u joints but i drove it once without the front driveshaft in place, i put the driveshaft back in now and drove it and it wont go unless the transfer case is engaged is it me or did i do something to it when i drove it without driveshaft

#2 honda_man_300ex

honda_man_300ex

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:48 AM

i bought my truck a year ago and drove it i thought the transfer case was in neutral ,(i have the 4 speed manual)when i drove it, then i removed the front driveshaft to replace the u joints but i drove it once without the front driveshaft in place, i put the driveshaft back in now and drove it and it wont go unless the transfer case is engaged is it me or did i do something to it when i drove it without driveshaft

View Post

your transfer case has to be turning all the time. if it is in neutral no power at all is going to be received from the motor. if i'm not mistaking they are like a spliter for trucks that have an optional pto output which if yours is a good 4speed it will have a spot for you to put a hydrolic pump or something else that needs to run while the truck isn't moving. your transfercase should have three options other than neutal; 2h,4h and 4l. if it is older it may be an all time 4x4 which you can get a kit that puts lock out hubs on the front axle. if you already have lock outs chances are you have a 2h setting which should allow the truck to only put power to the rear wheels. hope this has helped.

#3 RawkDawg

RawkDawg

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:02 PM

if it is older it may be an all time 4x4 which you can get a kit that puts lock out hubs on the front axle.

Would like to hear more about this so called "kit"......(I think its called a NP205 swap!! :blink: )

Like to know how to convert to lock out hubs with a center diff Tcase.

One could do it.....but you would have to run in Hi Lock to get truck to move...and front driveshaft would still be turning along with the axles....just not connected to hubs till lock outs are engaged.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users