2 replies to this topic

#1 abrave47

abrave47

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:25 PM

i already have a 79 f150 lifted but i have been reading on how you can use the front end and rear end off this year model for a 90-96 model f150, i was also wondering if my lift kit and my shocks would work as well or do i nedd to buy an entirely new lift kit

#2 honda_man_300ex

honda_man_300ex

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:22 AM

i already have a 79 f150 lifted but i have been reading on how you can use the front end and rear end off this year model for a 90-96 model f150, i was also wondering if my lift kit and my shocks would work as well or do i nedd to buy an entirely new lift kit

View Post

Is your 79 a straight axle or is it the ifs style simular to the newer model trucks of the late 80s and early 90s?
either was isn't going to be bad

you would have to take all your mounting bracketry since you are putting it on a vehicle it was not originally intended for and cut all this off........ this is for either swap. then if your on straight axle front end set them where you want (i suggest leaving everything bolted to the axle and rolling it under neither the truck) then tack weld to hold it while you drill holes to mount..... i would druther mount with bolts verus welding cause if something was to go wrong you can always un bolt. cutting a weld with a torch or grinder is much more painstaking and dangerous.

if you have a semi independant front end and your up for the project (it will test your patients) you will remove all the bracketry like above but this time your going to have to find a way to hold the pivot points under the main subframe that is under the motor. i don't sound real clear but what i mean is that your prolley going to have to be redrilling that unless your 79 frame is the same width as your 90-96 model truck. if it is this will be a peice of cake. i haven't been there to know forsure. if it is though just use the old subframe and all the lift. as far as the back if it's block just use the blocks and gears.if it is a spirng lift you may have to do as you did on the front and remount the spring holders.

I truthfully don't recomend this type of swap though unless you are just mudding. the reason being is that you run into problems with things that when you fix aren't like they should be and may hender your stopping power and steering. going from the newer brakes to the old is a durastic change especially when you got those big tires your trying to stop. hope i was of some help.!

#3 hillbilly

hillbilly

hillbilluy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:girls, trucks, cars, bikes, boats. and tellin supid idiots off!

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:35 PM

Hey honda man.I got a240hp all motor sentra,just put on ice n2o +175hp. bein lookin for a race. hell ya your shit will work. got a welder, drill, know were they sell steel,get on it. Oh ya gota bye 90-96 truck.sorry I"m a smart ass. Good luck with your prodject.from the mountain.hillbilly

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users