2 replies to this topic

#1 midas

midas

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 03:34 PM

2000 F-150 with 4.6 liter
Having trouble with repeative P0401 EGR lowflow under light throttle conditions light power settings.changed the valve.changed the solenoid.DTC remains.
Any Ideas or experiances.

#2 DTH

DTH

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:25 AM

Just found my p401 trouble working on leaking intake gasket. I replaced my egr to no avail, but what I found was the built in tube under the throttle body was clogged shut. The feed tube goes under the throttle body and then takes a 90 degree turn left into 2 smaller tubes. I had to drill them out by "hand" with large drill bits until all the slug was removed. DTH

#3 Mark79

Mark79

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1996

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:23 AM

That depends on a couple things.
1) Does the county require all the monitors to show "complete"?
If not, you could pull the "clock- back up" fuse in the passenger door fuse box and reset the PCM in the parking lot. There will probably be 2-3 monitors incomplete without a couple of drive cycles.

2) The driving conditions on the way to the shop could be just right for the EGR monitor to run and fail. The test runs at least once per drive cycle and it requires a coast (no touching throttle) of at least 3 seconds from around 50mph. It is a 2 trip code, so even if you clear the code, drive the car and don't see the light, it could be stored in the PCM as pending. It will cause the light after the 2nd drive cycle failure.

I know you double checked the valve but the problems is probably a blocked passage. How are you sure they're clean- did you take off the intake manifold and flush the port out?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users