3 replies to this topic

#1 crazydave1978

crazydave1978

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:40 PM

i am putting a 3 inch body lift on my 78 f-150 and i need to know if have to adjust any shifting linkage and how to do so i have a c-6 trans with the factory column shift any info is appriciated

#2 diesel

diesel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 08:11 AM

i am putting a 3 inch body lift on my 78 f-150 and i need to know if have to adjust any shifting linkage and how to do so i have a c-6 trans with the factory column shift any info is appriciated

if your going to put the time and effort into a body lift id just go ahead and get a 3 inch suspension lift
for one its easier and two of its like any other 78 ford you are going to fight like hell to get all of your body bolts out you can get a suspension lift like that for pretty cheap and it looks alot better than that body lift you want

#3 bronc76

bronc76

F-Series Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1978

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:55 PM

you would have to get the linkage extended (the part may come with kit)

#4 freeto4wheel

freeto4wheel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:13 PM

you would have to get the linkage extended (the part may come with kit)

the body lift isnt that bad to do you will have to extend the shifter rod how ever high your lift is. easy cut and weld, bottom of fan shroud may need trimed or drop the radiator down a bit , e brake cable unbolt one body strap for room and check steering shaft for the slip shaft in to move toher then brake all the bolts loose not bad you may want to soak them with pb blaster for a week or so before you attempt it hope this helps a bit

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users