1990 F250 speedo drive gear replace

1 reply to this topic

#1 toycraftusa

toycraftusa

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:34 AM

I'm looking for tips on how to replace the speedometer drive gear on a 1990 F250 4 wheel drive with a Borg Warner 1356 transfer...talking about the yellow gear located on the output shaft . I have removed the transfer case extension housing and can now see more has to come apart. My game for years has been working on Toyota's for a living...this is a different looking beast! Not having a repair manual, I was assuming the speedo gear would be held on the shaft with a snap ring and slide off the back of the shaft.....was I wrong, it appears to slide forward. Any help is very much appreciated.........thanks!!

#2 toycraftusa

toycraftusa

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:39 PM

I'm looking for tips on how to replace the speedometer drive gear on a 1990 F250 4 wheel drive with a Borg Warner 1356 transfer...talking about the yellow gear located on the output shaft . I have removed the transfer case extension housing and can now see more has to come apart. My game for years has been working on Toyota's for a living...this is a different looking beast! Not having a repair manual, I was assuming the speedo gear would be held on the shaft with a snap ring and slide off the back of the shaft.....was I wrong, it appears to slide forward. Any help is very much appreciated.........thanks!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

followup............I found a website with good details on how to disassemble the transfer case.....got my problem handled..........thanks

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users