78 F100 rough idle after carb put in

1 reply to this topic

#1 rodster

rodster

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:36 AM

Help. I had a bad carb leak. Instead of rebuilding the carb I bought a rebuilt motorcraft 2150 from garanteed carburetor. I certainly hope this is the right replacement. I swapped out the carbs and have two left over vacuum lines. One that connected to the front top and one that connected to the front bottom. I plugged these lines. The truck starts and runs great. The only problem is I have a rough idle. I have a recent fully rebuilt motor with an RV cam, and headers. Did I perhaps not put the a proper replacement carb on the truck? What do I do with these extra vacuum lines? Will I pass CA smog next year?

#2 jackndelphine

jackndelphine

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:31 PM

When I changed to a different 2 barrel carb I had a rough idle too, and a huge vacuum leak, it eneded up being that the wrong spacer plate was on it and the carb was hanging off a little too far and so it leaked like crazy, once I put the right carb plate on it was fine. I also had a constant vacuum connected to my vacuum advance for the distributor so that had everything screwed up. Hope that helps, Jack

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users