17 replies to this topic

#1 highboy73

highboy73

FORDing thru life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:03 PM

there isn't enuff info on the c-6 do any of ya'll know any upgrades that don't have to do with buying a new trans from b&m.

#2 Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter

F-Series Maniac

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 11:25 AM

do a web search there is all kinds of kits for the C6. Shift kits, wide ratio kits and do it yourself kits to build it to handle 500hp.

#3 Ziggy

Ziggy

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 09:35 PM

Lets see, you can start with a shift improvement kit for around $50.00. Get the kit that changes springs and pistons in the valve body, not the one with just a new plate. You can upgrade the torque convertor to a heavy duty for about $150.00. You can have it rebuilt, or do it yourself if you feel bold enough with E4OD guts. This will lower 1st and 2nd but keep 3rd the same gear. Add a tranny cooler for about $50.00. put a deeper oil pan on it for around $100.00. Anything beyond those is new to me.

#4 Guest_Peck_*

Guest_Peck_*

Posted 22 March 2004 - 01:10 AM

HIghboy, I have an older issue of HOTROD that has an article titeled king of the C,s.It has step by step buildup of a C-6,from higher capacity drums to drilling the drums for faster fluid transfere and holding capacity.It has complete part numbers and diagrams.I"ll find it and post date and issue.

#5 Guest_Peck_*

Guest_Peck_*

Posted 22 March 2004 - 01:14 AM

HIghboy, I have an older issue of HOTROD that has an article titeled king of the C,s.It has step by step buildup of a C-6,from higher capacity drums to drilling the drums for faster fluid transfere and holding capacity.It has complete part numbers and diagrams.I"ll find it and post date and issue.

#6 Guest_Peck_*

Guest_Peck_*

Posted 22 March 2004 - 01:16 AM

Sorry for the double take to early in the morning.

#7 Guest_biggreen78_*

Guest_biggreen78_*

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:05 AM

i know its been awhile but try this: http://www.73-79fordtrucks.com/c-6.htm

sorry try this www.73-79fordtrucks.com

click on parts directory page i hope this helps

#8 highboy73

highboy73

FORDing thru life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 07:24 PM

thanks for the info,already have a shift improver kit and crap was wanting some of that good ol shadetree stuff,waiting on peck..

#9 Guest_Peck_*

Guest_Peck_*

Posted 23 April 2004 - 11:06 PM

Highboy Im still looking ,Ive got four of those big storage bens full of magazines. I'll try to find it by the end of this weekend.Been working some long hours not much time to do much else.Sorry for not finding it any sooner.

#10 Guest_Peck_*

Guest_Peck_*

Posted 24 April 2004 - 12:09 AM

Highboy,found it.Issue of hotrod september 1988 King of the C's.You might look at your local libary,if you can't find it there check out www.HOTROD.com back issues.If you can't find it let me know and I'll get a copy of the article to you somehow.I don't have a scanner,but I'll figure something out.Hope you can find it.It's worth having on file,it has all the part number's and several diagrams.

#11 Guest_battered_bronco_*

Guest_battered_bronco_*

Posted 04 July 2004 - 04:21 PM

forget about it call jay at broader perfomance he is king shit of ford trannys
ford-o-matics/cruse-o-matics/c4/c6/aod/others?

tell the man what ya want or look around his web site

remember thats all he does if anyone know what 2 do its him

think mine is specked at ~700 hp /R servo /billet servo arm /wide ratio /fairbanks shift kit(i got it off ebay for 15$$ lol) /rv/towing model /4 pinion / extra extra tough steels and discs bands /ported to hold above 6500 RPM can't recall the rest of it...oh ya all loaded thrust washers replaced with roller bearings

but don't get thinking a plain c6 he does not do stock tranny but he has a "base" one thats resonable enuf

well anyway i won't need another for 30 more years unless i get stoopid
now i gotta build my engine hehe building a 351m out to 427ci either the 302c aussie heads i have or 351c 4v closed heads i should be able to stress it

#12 Guest_BLUEovalBELIEVER_*

Guest_BLUEovalBELIEVER_*

Posted 24 July 2004 - 11:57 PM

why are you building a 351m?

#13 freak

freak

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 01:55 PM

highboy73,here's what I did.There's a tranny shop by me who build's transmission's for Paul Shaffer's monster truck's.So I went to them and told them what tire's I'm running and horsepower I'm making,plus what horsepower I'll be running in the future.This is what they did to my C6.5 clutch direct drum with torrington bearing's(3 clutches is stock),hi energy 1-2 band,bushing kit,thrust washer's,high performance clutches,Trans king low gear set with steel planataries,2.72 1st,1.54 2nd,Trans king reverse pattern manual valve body with billet servo,2400 stall converter.I also put 2 tranny cooler's on it to keep it cool.It run's at 165-170 degree's.It's good for 700 horse.They had to machine the case some so they could fit in the extra clutche's.

#14 Guest_mcraesn_*

Guest_mcraesn_*

Posted 06 August 2004 - 09:02 PM

One thing nice about the Ford C-4 and C-6 is that they will last forever. You can put a shift kit in there but it really does not need it. The best thing to do is adjust the intermediate and low/reverse bands and service the transmission. Once you do this you will find that it will run like a brand new transmission. Hope this helps.

#15 highboy73

highboy73

FORDing thru life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 08:13 PM

thanks freak,pual schaffer who does he drive for?i met a guy in indiana that drove a truck called monster patrol,smaart fella

#16 freak

freak

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 04:41 AM

Paul Shaffer own's Monster patrol,Carolina crusher and also Bear foot.One of his shop's is right down the road from me.

#17 Guest_highboy_*

Guest_highboy_*

Posted 29 August 2004 - 07:24 AM

you live in portage?

#18 freak

freak

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 12:53 PM

No,Valparaiso.