Finally Got Started

9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Gunner_*

Guest_Gunner_*

Posted 01 March 2004 - 05:24 AM

yaaay. it was finally warm enough this weekend to start my extensive restoration project. i am strat ing on the interior first becasue that is the biggest project for me. the rest is in pretty good shape but will be resotoed anyway. first i took all the seats out and tore all that moldy carpet up. than i am taking 40 grit sand paper and wire wheel an bring the floor board down to bare metal to get rid of all the old contact cement and rust on there. after i finally finish that i am taking that paintable rubberized underbody coating and using it on the inside as well just in case i get some water in there when i take the top off and hit a freak rain shower. than i am fiberglassing all the interior parts so i can put them in better shape and paint them black easier. right now the truck is rusty and maroon inside and out. when i am done it will be ford blue (the color in the ford symbol) on the outside and black with ford blue highlights on the inside. i cant wait until it is done. i dont have a digicam so i cant take before pics but i will be getting one and taking the after pics at least. just thought you guys would like to know my plans for the bronco thats older than my wife.

#2 shaun94

shaun94

bronco commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:playing in the MUDD!!!!!!!!!

Posted 01 March 2004 - 08:58 AM

Sounds like you got you're work cut out for you good luck.
1988 fsb
rebuilt reman 351
32 inch tires
cd player
flowmaster exhaust
c6 transmission

#3 Guest_Stomper4x4_*

Guest_Stomper4x4_*

Posted 08 March 2004 - 10:55 PM

Thanks for saving one more Bronco from the wrecking yard!

#4 Guest_Gunner_*

Guest_Gunner_*

Posted 09 March 2004 - 03:57 AM

this is already starting to piss me off. i wish i could find the guy who owned this thing first. i am taking a grinder to bring all the glue and everything this guy used on his carpet to keep it down. two weekends and i am still working on the same thing. i have all the plans in my head and on paper but i just cant seem to get to the finished product as fast as i would like.

#5 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:4wd trucks, hunting, fishing, music

Posted 09 March 2004 - 04:24 AM

Sounds like a fun project! You'll discover wonderful things like where water leaked down through the cracked rain gutter seams and got the carpet wet where power wires for the stereo equipment run and shorted them out, welding them to the floor. Would have caught on fire if it wasn't wet. A cracked floor pan under the driver's seat, cause the mounts are weak and like to crack, making the seat wobble and lean and you can't get them tight. I've spent the first three years dealing with the engine first, new paint second, suspension and drivetrain third, and finally getting to the interior now. My g/f is older than my Bronco though!

I had my paint done by a friend that does work at his house, a retired body shop owner. He put some new PPG metallic urethane paint in Ford medium blue, and indigo blue for the shaker hood. Both of us were shocked at how good these two colors look, especially in the sunlight!

Good Luck with your restoration/restification project!!! :)>-
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.
1988 Bronco Custom, 302 EFI, C-6 AT, Ford 8.8". parting out
1986 Bronco Custom, 300I-6, NP435

#6 Guest_Gunner_*

Guest_Gunner_*

Posted 10 March 2004 - 05:20 AM

oh yeah tell me about it. when i pulled all the carpet out it was all nasty first off. i have several holes in the floor pans. and i have no idea how the guy had a stereo in there EVER. there are no wires to get power or anything. there were only (not kidding) 7 sets of speaker wire and an antenna cable that was it. then everything in there is totally jerry rigged even the head lights. i have alot of work to do i know but that is what makes it fun. i picked the interior first becasue that is what i do. i have alot of things to do. i am putting in a dvd player a banging stereo system which i am fiber glassing speakers into the interior not those cheasy boxes. i am referbishing the entire interior. like the interior that is in there now is ugly ass maroon. also it is all cracking. not broken but cracking so i am going to sand it down lay some fiber glass resin over it so it fills the cracks and makes it stronger than i am painting it all black with blue accents like the exterior. am also making a new slot for the radio so i can mold a tv screen right into the old radio slot becaseu if you take out the center piece there is actually alot of room in there. god i have so many plans i cant even get into all of it. but soon enough i will get a digicam and post pics so you guys see what i am doing.

#7 Guest_Gunner_*

Guest_Gunner_*

Posted 10 March 2004 - 05:21 AM

also just shoot me i use your bronco as a desk top untill i get pics of my own becasue it is close to what i am doing just a little lighter.

#8 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:4wd trucks, hunting, fishing, music

Posted 10 March 2004 - 11:32 AM

That's cool, bro!!!

Sounds like great ideas for the interior and sound system, and I am very interested to see what folks do to customize their's with fiberglass, diamond plate, etc. Broncos Rock!!!
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.
1988 Bronco Custom, 302 EFI, C-6 AT, Ford 8.8". parting out
1986 Bronco Custom, 300I-6, NP435

#9 Guest_tuffy_*

Guest_tuffy_*

Posted 10 March 2004 - 07:24 PM

Sounds like it will be great when you DO get it done and you will just dont give up I've been doing my own restoration my self been 1 year now and am starting to put it all back together now.

#10 Guest_Gunner_*

Guest_Gunner_*

Posted 11 March 2004 - 09:25 AM

oh no worries i will not give up. i have wanted this bronco since i was a kid. i look forward to the weekends just so i can work on the bronco. at least in the summer it stays lighter longer so i can work on it during the week to.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users