2 replies to this topic

#1 papertiger00

papertiger00

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 10:32 PM

i have a 79 ford f-100 when i start it sounds ok. as it starts to warm up the truck starts to shake. then as i drive down the road it seems ot go out some. the truck was sitting ofr months before i got it. i am planing on rebuilding the carb but it is a new replacement ford (mastercraft) carb. the engine has never been mess with is it possibly the rings or the carb. i know that the fuel needs a small port (can't think of the name but for fuel delivery--jets) since i live 6000+ feet up. but what else should i look at. know not driveline since in park or neitral or in gear with foot on brake it does it. so down to engine but what parts.

#2 daler63

daler63

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:58 AM

Check coil output when hot.Sometimes they work fine cold but breakdown as they heat up.
Dale

i have a 79 ford f-100 when i start it sounds ok. as it starts to warm up the truck starts to shake. then as i drive down the road it seems ot go out some. the truck was sitting ofr months before i got it. i am planing on rebuilding the carb but it is a new replacement ford (mastercraft) carb. the engine has never been mess with is it possibly the rings or the carb. i know that the fuel needs a small port (can't think of the name but for fuel delivery--jets) since i live 6000+ feet up. but what else should i look at. know not driveline since in park or neitral or in gear with foot on brake it does it. so down to engine but what parts.

#3 papertiger00

papertiger00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:37 PM

the coil dizzy plugs wires are all new found my fan pulley is loose causing the engine to rattle... but no tail lights so looks like i have to replace the wiring anyone know where i can get a wiring harness. already ran power to find if a dissconnect anywhere no break cuts and no power down the lines.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users