Hello

1 reply to this topic

#1 fxst07

fxst07

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:51 AM

I am new to this group. I am also the new owner of a 91 F150 4X4. I just bought it from my father in law who has had it since it was new. I would like to know of any web sites I can go to and find parts and accessories for this truck, things like the replacement vinyl floorting or some of those custom molded floormats. JC Whitney is the only place I have found so far, so any new sites would be helpful. Also, does anyone know how tall a tire I can get under this truck without a lift kit? It is an 8 ft bed, regular cab. I wanted to put 32 or 33s on it, but not if I have to lift it. It has 30x9.50 on it now. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

#2 Bear76

Bear76

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:52 PM

First off, welcome to the show!!!!

That said, here are a few of my favorite place to go for a few of those hard to find Ford parts.

www.lmctruck.com - good for the resto type stuff
www.jeffsbroncograveyard.com - Not just for Broncos.
www.dennis-carpenter.com - More resto stuff

Plus there are about 100 guys out there all kinds of things, just takes a while of surfing the web to find it all.
I go on eBay and places like that alot myself.

Hope some of that gets you what your looking for. As far as how big of a tire, well that is a loaded question in itself, but you are better off not running anything mush bigger that a 31, maybe a 32 incher, with the right rims that are backspaced just right, but if you like to off road your truck any amount of time, and get a bit rowdy then I would stay with a smaller but more aggressive tire. (I ran 30x9.5x15's on my '92. Hated having small tires, but they got me in alot of places I thought I would not make.)
Build it.
Beat on it.
Break it.
Build it better.

P.S. Starting fliud is NOT a viable alternative to nitrous.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users