F-250 HD inner axle seal

3 replies to this topic

#1 excess11

excess11

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:23 PM

Hello, Need help!! I have a 97' f-250 HD 4x4 extended cab truck with 5.8 engine. I found a leaking rear inner wheel seal while servicing the brakes. The seal that is on the truck now is a two piece design with a inner race that gets pressed onto the rear spindle. I have searched online and at all of the local parts places and can not find a similar seal. I have found the one piece seal from national seal Part# 370047A. This is a one piece seal and does not have the inner race. Will it work or will I have to find a two piece seal. I have never had such a difficult problem finding a part for such a common truck. Any Help!!

#2 Big White Bus

Big White Bus

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:15 PM

Hello, Need help!! I have a 97' f-250 HD 4x4 extended cab truck with 5.8 engine. I found a leaking rear inner wheel seal while servicing the brakes. The seal that is on the truck now is a two piece design with a inner race that gets pressed onto the rear spindle. I have searched online and at all of the local parts places and can not find a similar seal. I have found the one piece seal from national seal Part# 370047A. This is a one piece seal and does not have the inner race. Will it work or will I have to find a two piece seal. I have never had such a difficult problem finding a part for such a common truck. Any Help!!

Sound like you have a speedy sleeve on there the standard seal should work. Slide it on it will be snoog but shouldn't be to tight. How thick is the race that is on there 32nd's of an" 1/8" ... IF the seal will not fit over the race it will should fit with out the race on there.

Edited by Big White Bus, 26 February 2008 - 06:17 PM.

#3 excess11

excess11

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:19 PM

I asked around and it seems like Ford changed the style of the seal around model year 94' to a 2 piece seal with a oil slinger inside it to try to help with the problem of leaking seals. I still cant find anywhere to buy the newer style seal except for Ford at $66.00 a piece. Thats to much for me!! Has anyone else had problems finding these seals????

#4 Big White Bus

Big White Bus

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:30 PM

I asked around and it seems like Ford changed the style of the seal around model year 94' to a 2 piece seal with a oil slinger inside it to try to help with the problem of leaking seals. I still cant find anywhere to buy the newer style seal except for Ford at $66.00 a piece. Thats to much for me!! Has anyone else had problems finding these seals????

I had a leaky seal on my 00 superduty but it took a standard type 1 piece seal so cant help much here. Didn't fool with any between 90/99 models . Good luck.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users