78 F150 4WD and 79 F100 2WD

2 replies to this topic

#1 markestep85

markestep85

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:08 PM

I have a 78 F150 4WD and I'm thinking of purchasing a SOLID 79 F100 2WD with a 300 6, my question is, will I be able to transplant my 351M, transmission, transfer case, front-rear-end, suspension, and all that goes with making this F100 4WD from my F150 or will I need to do a lot of custom fabrication, I'm new to this kind of swap, the only reason I'm planning on it is because my frame is shot, and I figure this would be my only real option aside from finding another 4WD short bed any feed back on this kind of procedure would be much appriciated, you can email me info at [email protected] or just reply on here

#2 Cowboy34

Cowboy34

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:car and truck shows,rodeos
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1978

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:21 PM

I have a 78 F150 4WD and I'm thinking of purchasing a SOLID 79 F100 2WD with a 300 6, my question is, will I be able to transplant my 351M, transmission, transfer case, front-rear-end, suspension, and all that goes with making this F100 4WD from my F150 or will I need to do a lot of custom fabrication, I'm new to this kind of swap, the only reason I'm planning on it is because my frame is shot, and I figure this would be my only real option aside from finding another 4WD short bed any feed back on this kind of procedure would be much appriciated, you can email me info at [email protected] or just reply on here

you will have to buy new motor mounts and will have to use your coil springs fromyour 4x4 or buy heavy duty coil springs and will probably have to make a cross member for the transfercase to set and mount to.

#3 highboy73

highboy73

FORDing thru life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:27 AM

you have eveything you need to do it on the 4wd.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users