Still Transfer Case Woes

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DONKEY_*

Guest_DONKEY_*

Posted 08 March 2004 - 09:10 AM

I relayed a topic yesterday about my transfer case. Justshootme84 directed me to a site that was really informative, but when I followed the instructions,(cleaned, etc.) it seems that the problem is in the ECU, (or something else electrical). I HATE ELECTRICAL TROUBLESHOOTING!!!! I removed the ECU and the cover to actually watch the "gizmo's" click and that is exactly what they do, click back and forth a couple of times and that's it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I don't now if ECU or electronic shift control module is considered the same thing. probably not......... if anyone has one please let me know.

ok never mind the module is working fine so i guess it is time to troubleshoot.AAAARRGGGGHH!!!!!

#2 Guest_ron753_*

Guest_ron753_*

Posted 09 May 2004 - 07:09 PM

there is a shift control module, not real sure about where it is located
may be under dash

#3 Guest_Stephen Hawk_*

Guest_Stephen Hawk_*

Posted 09 May 2004 - 09:30 PM

You said you took the cover off to see if the gizmos were clicking. Do you mean the relays or the solenoids? I'm guessing you mean the relays in the control box and not the solenoids in the t-case. The relays just send power to the solenoids and the solenoids are what actualy engage or disengage the fork in the t-case. If the relays work and their contacts are clean then check the conection they plug into or open the t-case again and look for the solenoids to move.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users