4 replies to this topic

#1 dethomson

dethomson

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

I looked at all the forums and couldn't find any good place to put this, so here goes.

I am interested in buying a truck that's out in California. I live on the east coast and don't want to try to fly out and drive it home. Does anyone know of a shipper that will bring the truck east...someone you trust?

Thanks

#2 alconk

alconk

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:24 PM

I looked at all the forums and couldn't find any good place to put this, so here goes.

I am interested in buying a truck that's out in California. I live on the east coast and don't want to try to fly out and drive it home. Does anyone know of a shipper that will bring the truck east...someone you trust?

Thanks

I just bought a 79 F-100 shortbed from Vacaville, CA. and cost me a grand. Be careful who you go with, I went with a cheaper quote at first and nobody would touch it. I will tell you though man was it ever worth it. No rust...

#3 dethomson

dethomson

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:21 AM

What was the name of the company you used? Do you have a contact?

#4 fix78

fix78

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:34 AM

I had a supercab shipped from santa ynez ca to va beach va in oct 2006. I was impressed by the ease and time.
I used Action movers ( jerry) 1 866 757 2780. He charged $195.00 to subb it to;
ELT Auto 1 623 879 1114. Balance of $ 1000.00
I would try ELT first then go to jerry. I think he locates haulers and subs it out for extra charge.

Hope this helps

#5 DKW 86

DKW 86

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1976

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:49 PM

Ebay has several that can give you estimates in just a few hours. They subcontract and it happens pretty quick. Hauled my F-150 4X4 from St Louis to N AL for $400.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users