1993 F150 4x4 XLT SuperCab 351w

1 reply to this topic

#1 Southern Boy

Southern Boy

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:28 AM

I never had any problems with my truck untill this year. It ran fine when i left to come to Iraq. Then when I went home on leave in May it had the check engine light on. It was time for its scedualed tune up anyway so i changed plugs, wires, cap, roter, air filter, fuel filter, and the O2 sensore due to the miles on the truck. After i did all this I started havein the problems. When I would turn the truck on in the mornin the fuel pump would continue to circulate instead of shut off after it had primed the fuel rail. after about 5 or 6 times of tryin to start it, it would start but run really rough, untill the check engine light whent out. Then the truck would run smooth with no problem. Throughout the day it would come and go as i was drivin, the check engine light would come on and start runnin rough and had NO!!! power. I went and bought a code reader cause i wasnt gonna pay the dealer $80 just to read it and autozone doesnt read OBDI anymore. <_< The codes were for the EGR. I replaced the fuel pressure regulator and that didnt fix the problem with the fuel pump not shuttin off. I didnt have time to test the EGR components due to blowin the rearend in the truck and the limited time I had before I had to come back to Iraq.

Could the EGR and Fuel pump issues be linked? Does anybody have some advise for me? [-o< Cause I really dont want to have to send it to the shop and pay an arm and a leg for somethin I couldhave done myself. I just need the extra brain power. :-B

Thank yall for any help!!!! :D
Spc DeRaps
U.S. Army :)>-

Edited by Southern Boy, 08 December 2008 - 10:35 AM.

#2 1992F250

1992F250

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:28 PM

Heya,
Yeah I know it's not likely that your Gas has gone bad during your fun in the Desert (I've been deployed 23 months and 12 more in the near future) but bad gas will reek havok. Smell it you should know the difference. Did you park it in storage, at the house, in the parking lot at home base? Maybe some jerk dumped some crap in your tank while you were gone.
Can't say for why the pump runs continuously yet though.

GL

Oh yeah.. Welcome Home Brother. SSG USA 18 years.

Edited by 1992F250, 27 February 2009 - 01:28 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users