Electronic throttle control

1 reply to this topic

#1 wwoodby

wwoodby

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:56 PM

I have a F-150 crew cab, a 5.4 liter engine, two wheel drive.
I experienced a wrench picture on the dash panel, and loss of excelation and later on in the day found out that my truck was placed into a "Limp Mode " as per the owners manual. It stayed in this mode for about 20 minutes, at which time I shut the ignition off waited about ten minutes and re-started the truck, and everything went back to normal ( I hope normal, what causes this problem to occur? Can anyone shed some light on it)
When this problem occured I was in the middle of a fourty mile trip and stopped for a red light, went to excellerate and it felt as though the gas peddle was broke just flopping around. When the truck returned to a normal state the gas peddle felt like it had some resistance, meaning back to normal.

Edited by wwoodby, 29 March 2009 - 08:06 AM.

#2 94 f250 guru

94 f250 guru

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:I like to work on and upgrade my truck and my friends also. I enjoy working on diesels more due to my training. I am an avid outdoors man to include hunting fishing and just about anything else.
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1992

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:00 AM

I know with the 94 HD series 250-350 there was a recall on that issue. You could try to find out if your truck has a recall notice on the official ford site by entering the owners section and looking up recall info. you will need your vin number to complete the search.
Stan Ouellette
a.k.a. 94 f250 guru

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users