73 F-250

2 replies to this topic

#1 lryic_cash

lryic_cash

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:36 PM

Hi everybody, I just bought a 1973 F-250 360ci two wheel drive nice truck very little rust. Was wanting to know a couple of things. First what is the back spacing on the wheels i'm wanting change the wheels out the wheels are 8X6.5. Second how hard would it be to put an airbag suspension on it. Finally I'm wanting to get as much out of the motor that I can anybody have any ideas. I have some ideas myself I just wanted other opinions.

#2 76HighBoy

76HighBoy

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:43 AM

bigger carb, intake, air cleaner, distributor, cam, headers and exhaust, rockers
Nasty Habits Racing
-76' F-250 Highboy 11" lift 40" super swampers built 390
-68' F-250 built 390, ground up restore

#3 bronc76

bronc76

F-Series Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1978

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:40 AM

lyric- did you want to go to a deeper backspacing or keep as is? I dont know that much about air suspensions but here are a couple of websites that ive looked at when i thought about it. Arnottairsuspensions.com and stengelbros.com, they should help. As far as the motor the 360 is a good truck motor for torque, the 2150 2bbl is a good carb assuming that the motor is still stock. you can upgrade to a 4bbl, maybe a 600cfm vacuum secondary carb. you can keep the 2bbl and just upgrade the intake and cam and a set of headers depending on how much you want to spend or what youre intent is. as far as the distributor, you can always upgrade to electronic igniton or you can keep as is if there's nothing wrong with it.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users