95 Bronco Rear Window

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mgd2rw_*

Guest_mgd2rw_*

Posted 15 March 2004 - 07:09 PM

I just got a 95 Bronco and having problems with the rear window. It will only go down about 1 - 2 inches, then stops. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, the window has to be down to open the tailgate, right???? (Sorry, first time owning a Bronco)

#2 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:4wd trucks, hunting, fishing, music

Posted 15 March 2004 - 07:47 PM

If you remove the access panel on the inside of the tailgate, you can check the condition of the window regulator and tracks. I had a simialr problem when I first got my 84 Bronco, and I think it just had alot of dust and grime and rust on the regulator. It took a whole can of WD-40, but I sprayed down both sides of the ends of the glass and the arms on the regulator. Worked the window up and down, and helped it along by hand with the aid of a friend. If the gear in the motor is stripped, you should still be able to help it along by pulling or pushing on the regulator. Just watch your fingers, and watch out for any critters living inside the tailgate.
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.
1988 Bronco Custom, 302 EFI, C-6 AT, Ford 8.8". parting out
1986 Bronco Custom, 300I-6, NP435

#3 Guest_Gunner_*

Guest_Gunner_*

Posted 17 March 2004 - 04:33 AM

man everyone is having problems with there windows. i have an 82 and i am still working on the original everything.i swear the windows are the only thing that does still work in the electrical system.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users