Youngblue

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_youngblue_*

Guest_youngblue_*

Posted 17 March 2004 - 02:45 PM

I have installed a Dana 44 axle from a 1978 f150 into my 1973 f100 (4x4). I did this for disc brakes, however now my worthless power assist ram system doesn't bolt up due to axle housing diameter is larger on the 78 d44. I have both trucks side by side. I would like to know if I can drill and install the 78 power steering box to my 73 frame in the same location as on the 78 ford truck. I mocked it up and it looks like it would work with some mods like shorter steering shaft, 90 degree oil filter adapter, drop pitman arm, and a adjustable drag link. Has anyone done this? Is it a mystery? Please help with any knowledge.

#2 Guest_Guest_youngblue_*

Guest_Guest_youngblue_*

Posted 18 March 2004 - 08:13 AM

this must be a mystery

#3 davids78bronco

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Work all day, and build Bronco accessories in my free time. I've built pre-runner and winch bumpers, rock sliders and rear bumpers, w/ or w/o tire carriers, as well as HD cargo racks (not the bolt-to-your-hardtop POS's)

Posted 20 March 2004 - 10:28 AM

seems to me, you've alreayd got it figured out.

#4 highboy73

highboy73

FORDing thru life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 08:16 PM

yeah man it'll all work just fine you'll have to do some more researching or take many measurments but it'll work and alot of folk's have done it

#5 Billz4x4z

Billz4x4z

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Trucks,4 Wheelin,Workin on Stuff,campin,the outdoors,NASCAR,meetin new people to go wheelin with,Truck shows family time

Posted 23 April 2004 - 05:20 PM

Just be sure to reinforce the area where you relocate the box to
If ya don't get hung up once in a while your not wheelin hard enough
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users