No replies to this topic

#1 cybor462

cybor462

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1985

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:25 PM

Back with questions about my 85 Ranger resto. I have most of the frame redone and I am now working on cab mounts.

Searched for an hour and did not find an answer so let me try this.......

Been working on my V8 and total resto 1985 Ranger. Of course I started on the frame and as I wait for the coatings and other stuff to cure I started on the body mounts. Well we will not go there too much as I found it will cost me $250 to replace the hardware only! Energy Suspension was real nice telling me you just make a puller and apart they come. Well I made the puller they have on the instruction sheet but IT DONT WORK!!!

So I decided to cut a mount apart and found why it dont work.

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can see the two parts are flared so they will not seperate. This is very upsetting as the old rubber mounts were still OK I just wanted to change them as I was changing all rubber. Had I known I would have to spend $250 just for hardware (plates) the top and bottom that sandwhich the rubber, I would have left the old ones.

I will be ordering new plates from LMC which they say are exact OEM replacements. My question is how can I flare them like the factory did? You have to so they do not come apart. These will be costing me $250 and I want to be sure I can install them without a zillion dollar tool.

Any help here is appreciated.

Posted Image

Thanks

Jim

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users