#1 stangboygt

stangboygt

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1997

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:38 PM

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and really like what I see. I belong to a few similar sites for my Mustang. What I have going on and I hope someone can shed a light on it for me is my 1995 F150 4X4 with 5.8 engine and automatic transmission out of the blue the other day it started shifting like it had one of those aftermarkets shift kits in it. The truck does have 175,000 miles on it but has always run well and I was setting a goal of 250000 miles for it. When it shifts it jerks enough that you feel it in the seat. My fear is that the tranmission is on a quick downward spiral but I hope not. Any light any one can shine on the issue will be greatly appreciated. Ryan

#2 bronc76

bronc76

F-Series Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1978

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:41 PM

Have you checked fluid? color? I'm not too familiar with E4OD tranny (assuming thats what you got), have you checked for maybe broken vacuum lines?

#3 stangboygt

stangboygt

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1997

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:27 AM

I did check fluid and plenty of it and color looks good, The vacum could be something to check, thanks for the suggestion.

#4 lostin90s

lostin90s

old part is good part s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Wrecking yards , my kids , places with no cell phone service, and Centurion F150 crew cabs

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:40 PM

The e4od is electric ... Could be a servo going bad in trans . If original you did good . Out of 20 plus F series I had only 2 e4ods made it past 130000
With being serviced .
Parts is parts

#5 Rickey

Rickey

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Fishing,Fords.
    Alabama Football!!!!!!ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1977

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:30 PM

I just bought the same truck motor and all and extended.Mine has 210000 on it.It was a 2 owner.It shifts like that since I have had it.But for me I like it.I like being able to feel it in the seat when it changes gears.I don't like for it to slide through the gears.To my knowledge nothing has been done to mine. But with it being elcitric shift .Any tranny shop should be able to hook a computer to it and change the shift point to soften it up or firm it up.
1977 F-150 460 makeing around 400hp ( My Pride and Joy)Told the X wife she would go
C-6 with shift kit before the truck would
L&L headers with single chamber flowmasters and turn downs and L&L ladder bars
4in ruff country lift with a 2in body kift.
35x12.50-15 mud tires on 15x10 chrome and black modular rims
cd player,2 amps,2 600watt Sony 10s
4.10 gears with a locker in the rear
Future plans is to level it up .Hate the ass end sitting higher that the front.AND scrap the crappy C-6 for a manual.

1985 Bronco 427 small block
Small cam for the moment,all aluminam top end
max cool radator,headers and 2 1/2 exhast with flowmaster and echo tips
C-6 with a 208 transfer
33x12.50-15 all terrain tires
8000 warn winch and brush guard
Needs a 5 speed and a solid front axle liek it should have came!!!!!!!!

1995 Ford F-150 Extended cab 4x4
Stock 5.8 with E40D tranny
Push button 4x4
True dual exhaust with NO cat under it.
32x12.50x15 Maxxis mudders
220,000 miles and still runs like new.
Just needs a 5 speed in it and a solid front axle like it should have came!!!!

#6 pekein

pekein

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1994

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:02 AM

HAVE A 1994 F150/5.O/E4OD TRANNY. SHE SHIFTS FINE IN 1ST/2ND, HOWEVER, WHEN YOU PUT HER IN DRIVE, YOU HAVE TO ACCELERATE ALOT JUST TO MOVE. I'M THINKING I HAVE A SUCK VALVE. GONNA USE LUCAS TRANNY TREATMENT WITH FRESH OIL AND FILTER 2-3 TIMES TO TRY TO FLUSH SYSTEM AND UNSTICK VALVE. AM I GOING ABOUT THIS CORRECTLY??

#7 lostin90s

lostin90s

old part is good part s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Wrecking yards , my kids , places with no cell phone service, and Centurion F150 crew cabs

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:44 AM

HAVE A 1994 F150/5.O/E4OD TRANNY. SHE SHIFTS FINE IN 1ST/2ND, HOWEVER, WHEN YOU PUT HER IN DRIVE, YOU HAVE TO ACCELERATE ALOT JUST TO MOVE. I'M THINKING I HAVE A SUCK VALVE. GONNA USE LUCAS TRANNY TREATMENT WITH FRESH OIL AND FILTER 2-3 TIMES TO TRY TO FLUSH SYSTEM AND UNSTICK VALVE. AM I GOING ABOUT THIS CORRECTLY??

You can try . If your trans has been kept up with regular fluid changes go for it . A change may help. But once these slip they are done.

But Sounds like trans is on way out . Thats a common warning sign.
Parts is parts

#8 miesk5

miesk5

F-Series Maniac

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Broncos, beach runs, surf fishing
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1996

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:38 AM

yo!
Try this first; a Self Test by BroncoJoe19

do the KOEO = Key On Engine Off portion first

& Remember to have engine @ Normal Operating Temperature before doing the KEY ON ENGINE RUNNING (KOER) portion

That will help w a bad sensor or wiring, etc. repair

Post any code found here
96 Bronco, E4OD, Man Xfer Case & Hubs
See my Big Bronco & F Series Technical & Parts LINKS site. Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim! http://schwimserver5.com/?index=1128
Thanks to All Who Serve

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users