3 replies to this topic

#1 riggermortis

riggermortis

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:53 PM

hello, dont know if this has been discussed or not, but does anybody know if you can use a chip that is for a automatic o/d with a manual 5 speed? i found a good deal on a hypertech chip but it came out of a truck with a automatic and my truck has a manual. both are 1992 f250 with 7.5L gas.
1967 bronco sport 302 w/efi, 1992 F250 7.5L, 2001 cobra mustang 32V 4.6

#2 miesk5

miesk5

F-Series Maniac

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Broncos, beach runs, surf fishing
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1996

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:33 AM

Yo,
Most need Prem Gas..so, I avoid em bec I like to have a $ left over at the end of the pay period.
Chip, Hypertech Power Module Review in a 94
Source: by Stephen R at again.net via web.archive.org
S wrote; The next modification to the Bronco was going to be ignition work. Although the Ford ignition system worked just fine, I had read several reports about new "computer modules", so I read some specification sheets, and ordered the Hypertech Power Module, the Hypertech Power-Stat, and the Hypertech Modified Octane Bar for the distributor. I'm really not too sure this was such a great idea. I noticed no improvement in power, speed, acceleration or anything... except for the gas pump. No I didn't get more MPG, I had to switch from 87-octane gasoline to 91-octane. (The Bronco doesn't run worth a damn when I use 87-octane!) As for the Power-Stat, hell, it's just a plain old thermostat that opens about 40-degrees sooner than the factory job. What it does is make the Bronco run richer and cooler, fooling the Ford computer. WHOOP-EE!!
96 Bronco, E4OD, Man Xfer Case & Hubs
See my Big Bronco & F Series Technical & Parts LINKS site. Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim! http://schwimserver5.com/?index=1128
Thanks to All Who Serve

#3 riggermortis

riggermortis

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:17 PM

well thats exactly what i dont want. my truck runs good just looking for a little extra umph, and or more mpg. thanks for the info!
1967 bronco sport 302 w/efi, 1992 F250 7.5L, 2001 cobra mustang 32V 4.6

#4 miesk5

miesk5

F-Series Maniac

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Broncos, beach runs, surf fishing
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1996

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:55 AM

yw!
Here are my MPG-Performance Improvement Tips;
Reduce all the extra weight. An extra 100lbs can reduce your mileage by 2% or vice versa
Keep tire psi @ rec level
Idle as little as possible.

also
Project M.P.G. in a Centurion 460; miesk5 Note, Results are Comparable to Tests in other Ford Engines Source: by performanceunlimited.com

GL!
96 Bronco, E4OD, Man Xfer Case & Hubs
See my Big Bronco & F Series Technical & Parts LINKS site. Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim! http://schwimserver5.com/?index=1128
Thanks to All Who Serve

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users