greyhound

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1963

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:41 PM

Hello Again,
Well my 1990 ford f-150 2 wheel drive with 5.8 and e4od tranny are acting up again.A few weeks ago the check engine light will come on and go off with in a 12 mile driving range.As each day went on the motor would run a little rougher each time we drove it.So I bought a new cap and rotor and plugs,the good stuff.Put them on and no change.I had 4 codes 14 and 22.The other two were EGR VALVE AND EGR VALVE SENSOR.It was around 130 bucks from NAPA FOR THE EGR VALVE AND SENSOR.No change,the motor speed was more rough,up and down with the idle speed.The idle speed control and Idle speed sensor are new from NAPA too.The only thing I have not changed are the 02 sensor in the exhaust pipe.Any ideas?Would like to know if I could put a intake and carb and a point distributer,a fuel presure regulator on this and get rid of all the trouble.What would I do about the e4od tranny to make it shift if I change every thing over.I have missed more days from work since I bought this truck a year and a half ago, and its time to do something about it.If I had a government budget I would have it fixed by now.Thank you for you input.Rick [email protected]

#2 krafty

krafty

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:16 AM

Have you looked at your Idle Air Controler on the side of the throttle body? also hows your oil situation. no too long ago I noticed my engine idleing horribly ( and stalling) and then noticed oil was getting blown out the exhaust. figured out my piston rings were toast being as I also have no power on the highway ( I top out at 60mph) . working on starting the swap for my new 302.

good luck.
2003 F-350 5.4 Crewcab SRW

#3 greyhound

greyhound

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1963

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:39 AM

Hello Again.
Yes I have replaced the idle speed control and every other part under the hood.I just replaced the map sensor,the other one was a year old.Found out if I moved the EGR valve with a screw driver that it ran great.Bought a new egr valve and a egr valve sensor and now I get a code saying that the egr valve is not opening.So what part moves the egr valve to open.I dont think I have any vacuum at the green line going into the egr valve.Does anyone know a great wizard.Ha Ha Thanks for the replies.Rick

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users