1 reply to this topic

#1 Montiehall

Montiehall

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1978

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

Hello all, I just bought a 78 F150 and i am having electrical problems. I am getting 12 volts to the brake light socket when both bulbs are out but when I put one bulb in the voltage drops to 5v and the bulb won't light. As soon as I pull the bulb out the voltage goes back to 12v . Made new harness for rear amid still same problem.

Any help would be great before I just take it all out.

I just replaced the wiring from rear to firewall and still same problem.

Well I found the problem to be power drop from fuse box to brake switch. I ran an in line fuse from Batt to switch and everything started working.

Edited by Montiehall, 10 October 2012 - 07:35 AM.

#2 John78F150

John78F150

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1978

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Hello all, I just bought a 78 F150 and i am having electrical problems. I am getting 12 volts to the brake light socket when both bulbs are out but when I put one bulb in the voltage drops to 5v and the bulb won't light. As soon as I pull the bulb out the voltage goes back to 12v . Made new harness for rear amid still same problem.

Any help would be great before I just take it all out.

I just replaced the wiring from rear to firewall and still same problem.

Well I found the problem to be power drop from fuse box to brake switch. I ran an in line fuse from Batt to switch and everything started working.

I am having the same problem. Although I do not see a voltage drop. But am willing to try anything.... Did you run a new power wire from battery to the brake switch on the pedal??
I am also having issues with the blinkers not working when the headlights or parking lights on....

Thanks' John

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users