Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:25 AM
Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:49 PM
1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual, partial @ http://www.diesel-da...j/ststjleft.htm
DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING
Symptom Chart — Climate Control System CLIMATE CONTROL SYSTEM Condition Possible Source Action
- Insufficient, Erratic, or No Heat
- Low radiator coolant due to coolant leaks.
- CHECK radiator cap pressure. REPLACE if below minimum pressure. FILL to specified coolant level. PRESSURE TEST for engine cooling system and heating system leaks. SERVICE as required.
- Engine overheating.
- REMOVE bugs, leaves, etc. from radiator and support or A/C condenser core fins. CHECK for:
- Operation of engine fan clutchLoose drive beltSticking thermostatIncorrect ignition timingWater pump impeller damageRestricted cooling system
- SERVICE as required.
- Loose drive belt.
- REPLACE drive belt if cracked or worn and ADJUST drive belt tension.
- FEEL heater water hoses. If the heater water hoses are too hot to hold, the thermostat is OK. If the heater water hoses do not get too hot to hold, REPLACE the thermostat. If only one heater water hose gets hot while the other remains cool, a plugged heater water hose or heater core is indicated.
- Heater water hoses.
- CHECK condition and routing of hoses. GO to Pinpoint Test A.
- Blower Motor Does Not Operate Properly
- Blower motor.
- Insufficient Cooling
- Low refrigerant charge.
- No Switching Between Function Selections
- Vacuum leak.
- GO to Pinpoint Test B.
See my Big Bronco & F Series Technical & Parts LINKS site. Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim! http://schwimserver5.com/?index=1128
Thanks to All Who Serve
Reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users