Intake Manifold With Mass Air Conversion

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_207racing_*

Guest_207racing_*

Posted 30 March 2004 - 08:53 AM

I cant seem to get a good answer from anyone on the topic of the intake upper and lower manifold on the Bronco. Is the mustang setup better, or is the truck setup better on a bronco. I was thinking the Mustang one had poor low end, but the truck one had poor flow in the upper to the front cylinders. I have a set of each, so just want to make sure I only have to instal once.

#2 Guest_broncogw_*

Guest_broncogw_*

Posted 30 March 2004 - 03:24 PM

I would say go with the mustang intake, much better flow and distibution of air, due to the TB being centralized on the intake also the single opening TB is much better than the trucks double TB.

#3 Shadow_D

Shadow_D

F-Series Pimp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1999

Posted 31 March 2004 - 05:06 AM

Something else to think about before you do this install. Which ever one you go with, you will want to have it ported and polished (if it hasn't been done yet).
This little trick will give you some more HP and fuel mileage. This can be a little expensive if you don't have the tools / knowledge.
If you go a head with this upgrade you might want to think about having the same done to the heads.
As far as your question goes, I would say the Mustang intake might be your best bet.

Good Luck
90 Bronco Full Size
Police Package
351W
E4OD
31" Tires
Going through a complete restore

http://fullsizebronc...ail.php?id=1650

#4 Guest_207racing_*

Guest_207racing_*

Posted 31 March 2004 - 09:58 AM

I was under the impression that you lost some low end with the mustang setup. I thought I read you could get some back with a spacer between the upper and lower, just not sure. I want to make sure I dont loose any of my low end, and more would be better.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users