Hole From Body Mount

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_zakcode_*

Guest_zakcode_*

Posted 02 April 2004 - 09:38 AM

:angry: i just punched a hole in the bottom of my truck. a car swerved to miss a squirrel. to avoid the car i went down an embankment for an overpass.it wasnt very far,before the gaurd rail. well when i hit the bottom with the passenger front corner the suspention bottomed and i thought cool i knew i built this truck for a reason. no damage,or so i thought. the body mount punched through the bottom of the body.it is the one right behind the passenger side front wheel. should i just weld it up and re-enforce it a little or is there a part i can buy to replace it. it looks like there is a piece of the bodywork that is designed to be replaced. looks like another project for me and the boys. thanks in advance for the help...dave

#2 Guest_azrockrat_*

Guest_azrockrat_*

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:05 AM

get apeice of flat steel about a 1/8 in thick , drill the holes and weld it on, or you can go to ford and get a new one from there

#3 Guest_zakcode_*

Guest_zakcode_*

Posted 05 April 2004 - 04:29 PM

all fixxed! took my time this weekend. about caught my pants on fire welding the hole back and welding the plate to re-enforce it. man my wife freaks out when i weld :o

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users