Fuel Injection For A 300 Inline Six

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_cleo_*

Guest_cleo_*

Posted 07 April 2004 - 01:40 PM

Can anyone tell me when Ford switched the 300 six from carb to fuel injection and would it be worth the switch after a rebuild?

#2 Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter

F-Series Maniac

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 04:01 PM

either 87 or 88 when the 300 went EFI. Is the swap worth it? yes better proformce, MPG and really easier kept in tune over a carb system. If i could afford it the 400 in my 78 and 351m in my 79 would be EFI then carb'd. this site should help ya right up with swappin EFI to your 300.

http://www.superford...ail.php?id=2742

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*

Posted 11 April 2004 - 06:46 PM

I have a 88 f150 with fuel injection built in sept 87 if that helps

#4 Guest_ron753_*

Guest_ron753_*

Posted 09 May 2004 - 01:45 PM

it would involve a lot of changeing over but in the long run it's worth it
the wireing harness would have to be changed to support the injection system
and the gas tank would have to be changed with an electric fuel pump
manual fuel pumps and standard electric pumps do not carry enough pressure for the injection system

#5 Guest_Austin_*

Guest_Austin_*

Posted 10 May 2004 - 10:59 AM

Hey, I have done a little research on the matter, and I found that Clifford Performance offers a great conversion kit for the 300 Inline six. It comes with everything you need to make your truck have an efi system. If I was going to go thorough the trouble of installing something I would try something new. I would be hesitant to attempt to take the old unit off a newer truck and try to make it work for you. the price of Ford fuel injection parts add up pretty quickly if you go to start replacing worn out parts.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users