The King Of Detailing

24 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_CADster_*

Guest_CADster_*

Posted 03 May 2004 - 12:20 PM

All of these "telephone bugs" or "luv bugs" we have flying around here in South Texas now are making a mess!!! I found the best thing to safely remove them from paint, like on the front of the hood, is Orange Hand Cleaner or GoJo. It cuts grease and bugs. For the glass, I use an ammonia-based window cleaner a few times a day. The stuff from Gunk is about the cheapest. The bugs are very greasy, and my windshield gets splattered so bad I can't see. You cannot read my front license plate, it's solid bugs. I cannot drive my Bronco with the Shaker cause they fill up the intake scoop and clog the filter. :((

damn !!!!

and i thought they were bad in Florida :blink:

#22 Ktomek06

Ktomek06

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Lifeguarding, my bronc, and a lot of other stuff.

Posted 03 May 2004 - 04:28 PM

Know anything that will help get them off? I'm getting a bug deflector tomorrow!! :D/

#23 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:4wd trucks, hunting, fishing, music

Posted 03 May 2004 - 08:44 PM

Go to the carwash twice a day and blast them off!!! The bugshield will get plastered up like the rest of the front, and the radiator will get plugged up. I wash my windshield at lunchtime, and by 2:00PM I can't see again. They're also on the inside of the cab, and the spider webs are fillin' up!!! I'll have to take a pic tomorrow of how bad it is around here, for you folks outside of Matagroda County, Texas!!!
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.
1988 Bronco Custom, 302 EFI, C-6 AT, Ford 8.8". parting out
1986 Bronco Custom, 300I-6, NP435

#24 Ktomek06

Ktomek06

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Lifeguarding, my bronc, and a lot of other stuff.

Posted 04 May 2004 - 04:35 AM

haha alright! I have been washing it every 2 days..seems like the only thing to do

#25 Guest_Stephen Hawk_*

Guest_Stephen Hawk_*

Posted 09 May 2004 - 12:47 AM

I've been lucky enough not to be in state durring that time of year for the last several years but I do remember the kind of havoc they used to do to my cooling system and a/c condenser when I lived in the sticks in Fort bend county. One thing I used to do that works pretty well to keep them out of the radiator is to zip tie a window screen behind the grille and just clean it once or twice a week; then when the bastards all die off in a month or 2 I just put the screen back on the house.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users