Soft Top

26 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BRETS_BRONCO_*

Guest_BRETS_BRONCO_*

Posted 20 April 2004 - 06:46 AM

Has anyone bought a soft top for their Bronco and installed it ? I had one for my 1980 Bronco , but would like to get one for my 96 and (yes I know about the third brake light issue ^_^ ) I have only found one site that has them for late models and I would prefer to have a few more options on places to get one if possible.

Thanks

Bret

#2 Shadow_D

Shadow_D

F-Series Pimp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1999

Posted 20 April 2004 - 09:54 AM

Jeff's Bronco Graveyard has them in stock. Soft Tops
90 Bronco Full Size
Police Package
351W
E4OD
31" Tires
Going through a complete restore

http://fullsizebronc...ail.php?id=1650

#3 Ktomek06

Ktomek06

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Lifeguarding, my bronc, and a lot of other stuff.

Posted 20 April 2004 - 01:36 PM

soft-tops.com

but I wanna skyler, too bad they dont make them anymore

#4 Guest_Juice_*

Guest_Juice_*

Posted 25 April 2004 - 08:17 PM

specialttopco.com thats where mine is from, and instead of putting snaps into my body, i have rails that hook on to the truck and the top snaps to them

#5 Ktomek06

Ktomek06

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:24 AM

that website didnt work

#6 Guest_Juice_*

Guest_Juice_*

Posted 26 April 2004 - 07:27 AM

Specialty Top Company this one is copy pasted from my browser, so it should work

#7 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:4wd trucks, hunting, fishing, music

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:11 PM

The STC link works for me.

I have one of these:

Skylercorp.com

[THis is only a title/header page, so you have to click one of the pages]

You cannot order a new one, the company is for sale. You can find a used one on ebay and other classifieds, but it will take a while! I bought mine used a few years ago, and absolutely love it! Haven't had the factory hardtop on in nearly two years now!!!

My Skyler gallery
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.
1988 Bronco Custom, 302 EFI, C-6 AT, Ford 8.8". parting out
1986 Bronco Custom, 300I-6, NP435

#8 Ktomek06

Ktomek06

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:41 PM

I wish I had a skyler...i wish i had a soft top period :unsure:

The link worked for me now :)>-

#9 Guest_southerntrax_*

Guest_southerntrax_*

Posted 29 April 2004 - 06:43 PM

i like the ones that come off the top of the truck and go straight down to the tailgate.

#10 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:4wd trucks, hunting, fishing, music

Posted 29 April 2004 - 09:27 PM

You're talking about a canopy-style top, similar to the factory hardtop but made out of canvas. Skyler made these, too, in addition to the fastback style that I have. Right now, the only one like the canopy offered new is the STC.
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.
1988 Bronco Custom, 302 EFI, C-6 AT, Ford 8.8". parting out
1986 Bronco Custom, 300I-6, NP435

#11 Guest_Gunner_*

Guest_Gunner_*

Posted 30 April 2004 - 03:41 AM

you can find the canopy style in the graveyard.

#12 Guest_Ice Man 860_*

Guest_Ice Man 860_*

Posted 30 April 2004 - 01:30 PM

I got mine from http://www.soft-tops.com/index.html I love it. it only takes about 2min to take it off and put it away. all they offer is the fastback style top. The only problems i've had with it are that visibility is reduced. but the whole point of havin a soft top is to take it off, and go topless. and that come winter time when i put the hard top back on the "turnbuckels" need to be removed. other than that its probbaly the best addition ive made to my truck, well... after biger tires of course.

#13 walkdawg

walkdawg

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 08:26 AM

I was looking into getting that softtop. The fabric looks thin, does it leak when it get wet? I like that style so i can still use me rear seat. I just dont want everything to get all wet so i dont just want my top off allthe time and I would like to be able to remove the top whenits not raining and with me living in North Carolina it can rain.then change to the nicest day ever. I just wanted to know if it leaks. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
89 Bronco 302 5.0L FI 33x12.5x15 tire. AOD, 3.55 gears slowly upgarding and restoring.

#14 Guest_Ice Man 860_*

Guest_Ice Man 860_*

Posted 02 May 2004 - 09:52 AM

Ive never had a leak with the top. given, ive only had it for a year, but i have had no problems with the fabric leaking. as for passengers in the back seat... there isnt a wole lot of head room for them with the top on. being a college student, my truck is the "party" truck and me n my friends usualy roll in the bronc to parties, or to crash parties... but with the top on the 6' tall person has to lean foreward quite a bit.

i can take some pics of the top while im puting it on if you'd like so u can make your own decision but im going to wait untill the weather is consistantly in the mid 60's before i pull the hard top back off. i figure in the next week or so. but let me know if any one is intrested in seeing pics of how the top works.

#15 walkdawg

walkdawg

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 06:07 AM

Yes Iceman please post some piucs so I can see it. Thank you :D/
89 Bronco 302 5.0L FI 33x12.5x15 tire. AOD, 3.55 gears slowly upgarding and restoring.

#16 Guest_Ice Man 860_*

Guest_Ice Man 860_*

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:00 PM

Ok no problem. i'll start snapin some pics. and i'll show how i remove the hard top and install the soft top 4 thoes that dont know how.

now if the weathe would clear up...

#17 Ktomek06

Ktomek06

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 04:17 PM

http://www.froggmann.../Topremoval.htm

#18 Guest_Ice Man 860_*

Guest_Ice Man 860_*

Posted 06 May 2004 - 08:30 PM

ok heres a pic of the top i snaped it just after i pulled it out of "storage" (a stuff sack in the corner next to my desk) so its kinda wrinkled but it will stretch out in the sun after a day or so.

#19 Guest_Ice Man 860_*

Guest_Ice Man 860_*

Posted 06 May 2004 - 08:30 PM

ok so posting the pic didnt work.... how do i do it?

#20 Guest_Ice Man 860_*

Guest_Ice Man 860_*

Posted 06 May 2004 - 09:16 PM

i posted the pics in my gallery: Soft top pics

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users