Removing Gate And Regulator Assy

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_TOM79_*

Guest_TOM79_*

Posted 26 April 2004 - 01:57 PM

I have received a directive to begin removing some vehicles from the yard. I need to begin consolidating them and decided to start with swapping the tail gates, regulators etc. on my 79 Broncos. Can't get windows down so I need to know where to start and the order to go in from there. I believe this is a black art only known to the ancient Druids or somesuch but I have seen old Broncos with the gates replaced so hope the knowlege is available here. Is there an old thread on this ? My spouse would appreciate your advice, as ultimately would I.

#2 Guest_83Bronco_*

Guest_83Bronco_*

Posted 15 May 2004 - 03:29 PM

my window on my 83 woundt go up or down, but i kind of ummmm forced it down you could say??? lol . since you must get the window down to open the tail gate you just have to get in there and push it down. the window unbolds from inside the gate, you just remove the access panel and there are like 6 or something little bolts on the regulator arms, maybe if you unbolt those then slide the arms off of the window you could push it down? im not too sure...or if you can be careful and get the windowo part way down. there is a rod in the bottom of the gate that you can press down, and that will let you open it, just be carefulll... i dunno i got my window out b/c the gate was so rusted that the window and stuff werent attaced to anything... so it just slipped down on its own. good luck!
~sarah

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users