7 replies to this topic

#1 highboy73

highboy73

FORDing thru life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 05:47 PM

any one been wheelin' in the ft.sill/lawton area?my truck is going through withdrawls since i left tenn.

#2 Guest_mstark_*

Guest_mstark_*

Posted 19 January 2004 - 07:40 PM

I'm not sure where that is at....but, if it is near Clayton...Clayton is a great place to wheel!!!!! We went there for a weekend of the OCB RoundUP and I rode up Magazine Mt. in Rick's (sorry no last name) rear steer rig and sure enough they put in some stuff about me in the 3rd issue of Bronco Driver.. i highly suggest that area of Ok. B)

#3 highboy73

highboy73

FORDing thru life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 05:59 AM

i'm about an hour north of wichta falls texas,and about an hour west of ok city.
in the middle of nowhere.i'm kinda new to this area and it seems that there isn't very many wheelers around here.there are plenty of z71's with lift and tires but everytime i ask some one about it they tell me some guys field or they don't wheel.
thanks any way i'll have to check it out see how far it is from me.

#4 Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter

F-Series Maniac

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 04:27 PM

hightboy, not to far from ya in Texas is a spot to go in munster i believe is how it's spelled. they do everything from wheelin to ATV's there.

#5 Guest_foghorn_*

Guest_foghorn_*

Posted 16 February 2004 - 06:53 AM

Check out www.trailchasers.com their an Oklahoma City based 4wd club. I've been on several of their runs and it's always a good time.... They did a run last year down near Ft. Sill but I missed it. there is a link on thier site to the run. Also Clayton and Poteau areas have some great trails. And Disney is Awsome. Try to hook up with us if you can....Their always raggin me as the only fullsize in the club--------Take care---Fog

#6 highboy73

highboy73

FORDing thru life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 07:30 PM

thanks I'm looking into some local clubs now,if you see another fullsize it's probably me

#7 Guest_bigfugly_*

Guest_bigfugly_*

Posted 29 March 2004 - 05:25 PM

Do a search on clayton OK I grew up down there(my granparents have a 275 acre ranch and a few ponds/lakes about 21 m se of clayton which is the nearest town) It is one of the best places in the COUNTRY to offroad(prob top 5 if you actually rated) and if I am guessing you are probably about 3-4 hours or less from there.

#8 Guest_Fordzilla_*

Guest_Fordzilla_*

Posted 12 November 2004 - 11:07 AM

Nice to see you over here, Fog. Since Fog didn't mention it, the only place in the OKC area that I've found to wheel thus far, is along the south side of the Canadian river (south of Reno) between Macarthur and Meridian. You can access it from Enterprise drive, driving westbound from Meridian, it opens up to a dirt trail, but you will have to cross the river over the spillway to get to the trails on the south side of the river. (unless the river is swelled, its not really that tough)
You can get to them from Macarthur by driving south of the river; you will find a dirt trail leading eastbound from Macarthur just about across the street from the 7-11 there; its a little rough going until you get back on flat land from the heavy-hitters that have dug deep ruts with their excessively lifted trucks, but if you take it slow, you can drive between the ruts.

I've heard that there's another spot near Reno and County Line Road (also by the river) but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet myself. If I do, I'll post about it here.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users