4 replies to this topic

#1 indoz

indoz

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 01:21 AM

I recently received a new HEI distributor from racepartsdirect via e-bay, cost $99, and it is big. Last Saturday installed it with the help of a friend the main stumbling block was the thermostat housing, if anyone thinks of doing this, then here is the solution for the thermostat housing, an off the shelf Mazda 323-1500 cc 1981 on has the required angle to fit direct, ream out the bolt holes by approx. 1 mm and block off the side waterway and Bob's your uncle. The 10 mm plug wires is another story, I could only get aready made set for a 302, but we swapped and changed until they fitted, sort off. The photo shows them in an unorganised state. The difference in performance is VERY noticable, the 10.5:1 compression gave me hell before, could not connect vacuum without pinging, also had to use 98 octane fuel at a premium price, now with vacuum connected at 7 degrees no pinging and lots of extra torque, will have to put three 40 Kg. bags of cement on the backaxle to keep her under control. Hope this will help anybody.
Regards Henk from Oz

#2 4xfan78

4xfan78

F-Series Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Anything Ford prefer 78-79 bronco<br>The bigger the better

Posted 20 May 2004 - 08:30 AM

Indoz where is the pic? I would like to see that.
GOT MUD?

#3 indoz

indoz

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 02:05 PM

I had trouble uploading pic, try again.

Attached Thumbnails

• 460_with_new_dizzy_a.jpg

#4 indoz

indoz

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 02:09 PM

Now that I have got it working here is one of my truck

Attached Thumbnails

• The_dirty_F100_a.jpg

#5 o1fstmfucr

o1fstmfucr

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:25 PM

I called around and was told a 1981 mazda 323 1500cc does not exist. I have the same problem with the HEI distributer as you did and need the same housing. Could you help me out? The oldst 323 I was told was a 1986 and is a 1.6 liter. If you have the part number or something that would help me out. I am desperate and have to get this project doneasap.

Edited by o1fstmfucr, 11 July 2008 - 03:26 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users