10 replies to this topic

#1 GotLift

GotLift

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 11:15 PM

I'm close to buying an exhaust now and was wondering who is running what? Should I go Borla or Bassani? Anyone have a preference?

#2 Guest_Gunner_*

Guest_Gunner_*

Posted 24 May 2004 - 03:03 AM

yeah i have a preference it is flowmaster. when i think of borla i think of import race cars. i mean they do make a good product i just prefer flowmaster for my bronco. true dual of course.

#3 sweepersrgr8

sweepersrgr8

"GET ER DONE"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:13 AM

Flowmaster, you will Thank Yourself. Better sound and performance. Depending on where you are ....you my be abe to get a shop to bend your pipes cheaper than buying a whole kit.
1989 EB Bronco
351W HO EFI
3 Speed Auto

#4 Guest_404PageNotFound_*

Guest_404PageNotFound_*

Posted 24 May 2004 - 03:23 PM

I'm close to buying an exhaust now and was wondering who is running what? Should I go Borla or Bassani? Anyone have a preference?

www.bigexhaust.com

lots of specs and possiblities..

i prefer Gibson systems personally.

#5 hawk2100n

hawk2100n

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 06:16 PM

Both borla and bassani specialize in car exahust. that means that the sound wont be very meaty, compared to flowmaster. they are both( borla and bassani) good systems but the flomasters have great sound and are a good value.

#6 GotLift

GotLift

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 02:03 AM

From what I've read Bassani makes a great system for the Bronco, but it is pricey. I know that Borla is popular with the mustang crowd and they all sound sweeeet! I haven't heard much for Flowmaster except that they trap alot of moisture in the muffler and begin to deteriorate fairly quickly. Anyone experience that? What kind of prices are you paying for Flowmaster and do they make a dual outlet or just a single outlet for the Bronco. By the way, I drive a 96' with a 351. Thanks for the advice.

#7 Guest_Gunner_*

Guest_Gunner_*

Posted 25 May 2004 - 03:04 AM

i have never heard that about flowmaster exhaust before. they trap moister and deteriorate quickly. well i can tell you this my beast spews water when i first start it up. and continues until she warms up. but that could be becasue of the dual straight pipes that i am running. but go to flowmasters web page dude and trust me they are the best for the cash.

#8 sweepersrgr8

sweepersrgr8

"GET ER DONE"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 01:40 PM

All exhaust systems collect moisture over night.

I have had a pair of Flow Masters on my Mustang for 9 years now,and I have only minimal surface rust.

My '91 trucks stock exhaust rusted through in 6 years, and I am not in a rust prone area.

Go with the Flow Masters...and they do have a single in/dual out for you bronco.
1989 EB Bronco
351W HO EFI
3 Speed Auto

#9 Guest_207racing_*

Guest_207racing_*

Posted 01 June 2004 - 06:19 AM

I have bassani's full system and it has a great sound and great performance. Best part, stainless steel front to back, should last very long time.

#10 grande_guerre

grande_guerre

grande mondiale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Broncos (of course), loud speakers, snowboarding, guitar, cars in general

Posted 01 June 2004 - 08:17 PM

Just zipped over to the flowmaster's website, but i couldn't find anything specifically for an 84 bronco, muffler wise. Any other years of the bronco that would have the same setup?

#11 Guest_Gunner_*

Guest_Gunner_*

Posted 02 June 2004 - 02:54 AM

i believe the years are 82-86 but i may be wrong it is 5 in the morning here.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users