88b2 Parking Brake

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_octuple_*

Guest_octuple_*

Posted 27 June 2004 - 11:58 AM

Any help is appreciated. While changing out the break shoes on my 88 B2 I noticed that the cause of the early wearout of the current shoe was that the parking brake link bar had fallen and locked the bottom part of the shoes open causing them to wear. Looks like the spring that holds the bar in place failed (lost tension) and allowed the bar to slide out of place.

I've checked a few spring replacement kits but none contain a replacement link spring. The link spring on the other seems to lack tension also. I would like to replace both can anyone direct me to a part supply that carries these.

Also note to all. It would be a good idea to check your parking brake on this era of bronco II and Ford ranger. This failure I had caused my rear wheel to lock up, could not move forward. Lucky for me this happend at a stop near my home. I had to drive backwards a few blocks to get back home. If this had occoured at highway speed it could cause an accident.

Regards,
Terry

#2 Guest_RammsteiNick_*

Guest_RammsteiNick_*

Posted 28 June 2004 - 10:18 AM

My 88 Bronco II has a similar parking break problem. Not as bad as yours, just small things, such as it gets stuck sometimes, and the brake light on the dash is always on.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users