Stock Filtration/revised

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_broncswagon_*

Guest_broncswagon_*

Posted 29 June 2004 - 07:03 PM

ooops.sorry about that ill written piece on stock oil filtration.I was in a drunkin conversation and trying to write about something,I forgot to include the first half of it...

The problem, is that the oil filter is supposed to clean the oil.But every 3,000 miles the oil has become full of harmful wear particals.That happenes 66 times in 200,000 miles.The particals range in size from 15 microns down to 5 microns.Anything smaller can safely pass through a machine without causing damage.
The proof happens, when you abuse a car by not changing the oil enough and or driving hard vs.changing your oil every 2,000 miles and taking good care not to push its limits to far. Anybody can guess which vehical will run the longest.This is just basic automotive care here.Does everyone here agree.
Now as far as most people know, the solution to this is to use synthetic oil.That answer is correct but the fact is, there is still a buildup of wear particals.
The industry came up with synthetic that contains "friction modifyiers".Has anyone seen the tv comercial about how the oil will shield the engine from the harmful wear particals thus giving the engine longer life.
Well, Amsoil has been using a "bypass" oilfilter along with the regular full flow filter to remove particals down to under 1 micron in size.And at a average speed of 45 mph it takes this system about 5 minutes to clean 5 qrts of oil.That simply means the more you drive the cleaner your engine stays.And its not just dirt, the bypass filter removes water and a list of other element are greatly reduced.the anaylisis reports show you exactly how your oil is doing.This is decades old,and still only a small percentage of people use it or have even heard of the company. Big time auto companies sell tons too many cars and the used car industry is shady when it comes to the condition of engines.
And just so you know im just sharing this info that i learned in collage.Im not trying to sell and profit here.Just teach and learn....
Hope i didnt bore everyone to death........... |-)

#2 Seabronc

Seabronc

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:59 AM

OK, so do you have any pictures of the setup? Where can one find them? Do you have a link to a web site?

I'm interested in looking into it.

Thanks,
:)>-

"I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I did'nt say what I meant"

#3 kelly

kelly

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 03:33 PM

i want info too. sounds like good setup.

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*

Posted 06 December 2004 - 11:52 PM

http://www.wefilterit.com/

#5 4xfan78

4xfan78

F-Series Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Anything Ford prefer 78-79 bronco<br>The bigger the better

Posted 07 December 2004 - 06:52 AM

That stuff works great!!!!! When I was in the Air Force they came up to Alaska ( long story short) we (the military) started installing these unit in a selected amount of different vehicles. I have installed at least 100 of them and had to take oil samples from the trucks to check to see if there was any truth to what they were saying. It was true. when I left Alaska in 94 they still hade the trucks using the amazing tp oil filters. Its worth the money.
GOT MUD?

#6 grande_guerre

grande_guerre

grande mondiale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Broncos (of course), loud speakers, snowboarding, guitar, cars in general

Posted 07 December 2004 - 09:37 PM

So, how does one set this up for a bronco, and how much would it cost? college kid's gotta eat...

#7 4xfan78

4xfan78

F-Series Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Anything Ford prefer 78-79 bronco<br>The bigger the better

Posted 08 December 2004 - 07:32 AM

They install all the same way. They are about $200 for the entire kit. Someone posted the web site look a few posts above this one.
GOT MUD?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users