Fuel Tank Question?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Rob_*

Guest_Rob_*

Posted 25 January 2004 - 08:48 AM

Hi All,

new to the board and recent bronco owner.

I purchased a '91 eddie bauer edition bronco. Very nice truck in great condition. with small problem...

I do not have the owners manual for this vehicle. I was wondering if any one could tell me how big my fuel tank is? I was told it was a 85 liter.. now please undeerstand the fuel gauge is broken so i have never completely emptied it.. the most I have put in it was 65 liters. Which has led me to belive it is about 25 gallon(maybe my math is wrong.) tank. However when I go online to order a fuel tank all I find for my year is 33 gallon tanks.... I'm a little confused..will a 33 gallon fit??? Anyone point me to where I might find a owners manual for this year?

Thanks for your time.
Cheers,
Rob

#2 Guest_azrockrat_*

Guest_azrockrat_*

Posted 25 January 2004 - 10:04 AM

given the year bronco you have most likely it is a 32 gallon tank what that converts to liters i have no idea. hope this helps

#3 davids78bronco

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Work all day, and build Bronco accessories in my free time. I've built pre-runner and winch bumpers, rock sliders and rear bumpers, w/ or w/o tire carriers, as well as HD cargo racks (not the bolt-to-your-hardtop POS's)

Posted 25 January 2004 - 03:11 PM

Converting liters to gallons is liters x 0.26, which means that you're right, in thinking you have a 25gl tank. But I believe azrockrat is right, in saying yours should be a 32gl tank.. that's the only size I've ever seen for a 91-96 bronco as well. You CAN get a larger 32gl tank for a decent price - http://broncograveya...cat/20/95/30217 Which would also mean you'll need a new sending unit for the tank too

Owner's manual? If you don't get one from the ford dealer, I'd keep an eye out on ebay, or even a repair manual, from any parts store

#4 Guest_azrockrat_*

Guest_azrockrat_*

Posted 25 January 2004 - 05:59 PM

if those are not big enoug for ya got to jc whitney.com they have like 40 gal tanks on there :huh:

#5 Guest_Rob_*

Guest_Rob_*

Posted 29 January 2004 - 09:11 AM

Thanks for the help guys..I azrockrat was correct it is 32 gallon. BTW the reason I was talking liters..I'm in germany. I have placed a order thru bronco graveyard...forgot about the sending unit..we'll just get that too.

my bronco is pretty standard only thing i've down is put some new tires on it...waiting to ship it back before any major modifications begin.

again thanks for the help.
Cheers,
Rob

#6 davids78bronco

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Work all day, and build Bronco accessories in my free time. I've built pre-runner and winch bumpers, rock sliders and rear bumpers, w/ or w/o tire carriers, as well as HD cargo racks (not the bolt-to-your-hardtop POS's)

Posted 29 January 2004 - 02:05 PM

If you have the 32gl tank now, and just ordered another 32gl tank from Bronco Graveyard, then you won't need a new sending unit... just transplant your old one, to the new tank

#7 bob

bob

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 04:57 PM

Helm owners manuals 1-800-782-4356

I got one for a 92 f150 it coast $22.95 with shipping. After the hollydays i will be getting one for a 92 bronco, I need both for my centurion.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users