10 replies to this topic

#1 walkdawg

walkdawg

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 06:27 PM

Some may remember awhile back I had 4 wheel drive problems. I after I fixed it I still had a small problem that I could not figure out and I did not have the time to really look in to it so I got a chance to do so last week and I found the problem. I guess i never asked about my problem on here but well my hub keep coming unlocked so it would cuase me to lose 4wheel some times if I got any flex it the front wheels. Well I opened up my hub and looked inside and found that the hud body was worn clean through so it was not going to work like that so I went around town looking for the parts.I finally got them from a local 4 wheel place for 5 bucks. I was so relived I did not have to buy a complete set for 84 buck. I put it back togeather and now everything works great. I toke it out to the beach today and drove it around just tring to get stuck and it would not happen. I want to say that was my first real time going 4 wheeling now I am wanting to do some real wheeling. well heer is a few pics of it by the water maybe next time Ill get some of her in action.

Attached Thumbnails

• Bronco_Pics_002.jpg

89 Bronco 302 5.0L FI 33x12.5x15 tire. AOD, 3.55 gears slowly upgarding and restoring.

#2 walkdawg

walkdawg

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 06:28 PM

Attached Thumbnails

• Bronco_Pics_001.jpg

89 Bronco 302 5.0L FI 33x12.5x15 tire. AOD, 3.55 gears slowly upgarding and restoring.

#3 walkdawg

walkdawg

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 06:29 PM

Attached Thumbnails

• Bronco_Pics_005.jpg

#4 Guest_custom_78_*

Guest_custom_78_*

Posted 03 July 2004 - 08:48 AM

Is that Pismo Beach? If not how did you get on the beach? By the way cool Bronco man. Looks good.

#5 Ktomek06

Ktomek06

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Lifeguarding, my bronc, and a lot of other stuff.

Posted 04 July 2004 - 06:04 AM

Nice Bronc Man! :-B

#6 Guest_custom_78_*

Guest_custom_78_*

Posted 04 July 2004 - 07:28 AM

Nevermind my question your from No Carolina. I didn't look at your profile before.

#7 walkdawg

walkdawg

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 10:52 AM

Thanks !! She is getting there. It took me forever to figure out the hub problem but I did it. I will take a few pic to show the problem later.

#8 Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:4-Wheeling!

Posted 06 July 2004 - 07:51 AM

Sounds like a fun weekend... :wacko:

I "toke" it out to the beach today and drove it around just tring to get stuck and it would not happen.

Ahahaha! Sorry I had to do it...
Wheel it like you stole it!

#9 walkdawg

walkdawg

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 06:18 AM

LOL!! Yea I know I been taking my kids out to the beach everyday now so I can drive it off road. I have had to pull three people out now. I am so glad that I got her fixed. I now understand how everything works better now. So I learned going through the whole thing. read allot of stuff on here and FSB to get it to work 100%. My next thing is to figure out lockers.

#10 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:4wd trucks, hunting, fishing, music

Posted 07 July 2004 - 09:47 PM

Sounds like you saved a few hundred bucks by doing the repairs yourself---ATTABOY!!!!!

Bronco were made for the beach. Good Pics!!!
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.
1988 Bronco Custom, 302 EFI, C-6 AT, Ford 8.8". parting out
1986 Bronco Custom, 300I-6, NP435

#11 walkdawg

walkdawg

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:05 PM

Yea I believe I did. I was pretty upset that it was *messed* up and I didn't know why. I checked it like everyone told me to and it worked great but if I tried to use it to wheel it would go out. So I was pissed off. I was very calm about it and toke the time to learn about it so I would know how it all worked. I understand the whole thing better now. Hey you would not have a warn premium hub cap screw laying around or even two? I broke one off and dont really want to order a whole kit to get a new one. If not I am planning on pulling it all off soon anyway to grease all the bearings and changing the diff fluids. Just thought I would ask.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users