Need Help Naming A Part

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Desert Donk_*

Guest_Desert Donk_*

Posted 11 July 2004 - 04:12 AM

I have a brush guard or maybe it's called a skid plate that protects part of the exhaust. It seems to light weight to be a skid plate, it's just aluminum. I figure it's there to help prevent starting grass fires. Anyway one of the straps to it is broken right where the strap meets the plate and it makes a disgusting rattle. Makes my truck sound like a piece of junk rattling down the road. A buddy tried to weld it once but said it probably would not hold and that he was not good with aluminum anyway. Well it didn't hold.

I would like to replace it but I am not even certain of the name of it. When I search the internet on brush guard I get all those things for the grill area. When I search for skid plate I get the heavy duty stuff for differentials and transmissions.

Anyone know what it is and where I could get a replacement? I could just take it off but I'm afraid that whatever the reason is it's there will bite me. Thanks.

#2 Shadow_D

Shadow_D

F-Series Pimp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1999

Posted 11 July 2004 - 04:36 AM

Ok now I have a better idea. I posted a reply on your other message.
It sounds like the heat shield for the cat.
You have 3 options, 1 take it right off, 2 buy a new cat or 3 get a big hose clamp and restrap it.
90 Bronco Full Size
Police Package
351W
E4OD
31" Tires
Going through a complete restore

http://fullsizebronc...ail.php?id=1650

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users