Clutch

5 replies to this topic

#1 lukeyboy60

lukeyboy60

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 06:27 PM

Please help me. My '69 bronco has a new clutch but it knocks when almost all of the pressure is off of the clutch petal. I think it needs to be adjusted. Can someone tell me how. Thanks.

#2 Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:4-Wheeling!

Posted 28 July 2004 - 08:06 AM

Seems I'm repeating myself. Allyou have to do to adjust the clutch is get under the truck and you will see betwen the drivers side frame rail & clutch housing there is a rod pushing horizontally on the clutchlever. There is a bullet shaped part pushing on it with a nut on the back to keep it in place. Loosen the nut and rotate the bullet out or in so the clutch pedal has 1/2-1" of movement up and down so there is no pressure. I've never head a knock though... just quickly grab your clutch pedal in the cab and see if its tight or loose.
Wheel it like you stole it!

#3 Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 08:07 AM

Oops, forgot to ask, did you replace the pilot and throw out bearings when the clutch was replaced?

#4 lukeyboy60

lukeyboy60

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:02 PM

Thanks for the response. I am new here and I posted my question in the wrong place. I also saw that you had answered it in the other forum. I'm not sure because the previous owner had replaced the clutch. Also, the bronco shakes in reverse pretty bad when you first start to let off of the clutch. Maybe this will help. Thanks again.

#5 Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:15 PM

The shake when going in reverse is due tp the rear leafs being shot. If you don't want to spend $500 on new leafs then buy some traction bars for $100. I had the same problem until I purchased new leafs, same as a few of my buddies, it cleared it up for all of us. I run Duff's long link traction bars since they don't limit suspension travel. These will also increase the life of the u-joints on the driveline!

#6 lukeyboy60

lukeyboy60

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 03:47 PM

Thanks a bunch. I'll look into it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users