Matagorda Beach

7 replies to this topic

#1 Ktomek06

Ktomek06

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Lifeguarding, my bronc, and a lot of other stuff.

Posted 09 August 2004 - 06:28 PM

Took the bronc to Matagorda Beach and drove around and fished a bit in the surf..it was pretty nice..I tried to park in front of the Matagordabay.com surf cam but it was down while I was there.. :mad:

I drove all over the beach with ease and basically tried to get stuck because my friend came along in his Z71 and I figured if I got stuck hed pull me out...anyway, I drove all over the place in 2 wheel drive and when the tires spun I got stuck in 2 but I would just put it in 4 wheel and it climbed right out easily.. took it through all the soft sand, behind the dunes and everywhere else..I was really surprised by the way my bronc handled the soft sand.
Posted Image

#2 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:4wd trucks, hunting, fishing, music

Posted 09 August 2004 - 07:37 PM

Kyle, we need a better picture of the beach than that!!! All of that seaweed and junk is only there a few times a year, as are that many people. The first 10 miles or so is very flat like it is there at the entrance, but it gets totally different and gnarly after that for the last 12 miles. I can drive close to the water, and at some places can reach out my window to touch the shell cliffs. We need to get some folks together for a little adventure and some pics, maybe this weekend or next. Get yourself a good tow strap, and I'll bring mine for when your bud's Z-71 gets high-centered... :blink:
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.
1988 Bronco Custom, 302 EFI, C-6 AT, Ford 8.8". parting out
1986 Bronco Custom, 300I-6, NP435

#3 Ktomek06

Ktomek06

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 06:33 AM

As a matter a fact he got high centered yesterday which almost made him stuck!! haha...Yeah that would be a lot of fun!
7 miles down
Posted Image
about 12 miles down from the pier thats where the fun is at..there are more rocks a little further
Posted Image
When jumping dunes was legal
Posted Image

and one during the hurricane!! haha that would suck
Posted Image

#4 stinger

stinger

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and 4 Wheeling

Posted 10 August 2004 - 06:27 PM

last pic looks like a rough time to get it out

#5 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:28 PM

Some people, lol!!!

I was at Matagorda Beach today, but I was in a boat out in the surf about 50 to 100 yards offshore. Rode 18 miles down the East side, and 5 miles to the West from the entrance looking for fish. No luck there, but saw a few yahoos get stuck in the soft sand within the first few miles. Please don't take a 2wd or car down there!!!
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.

#6 Ktomek06

Ktomek06

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 06:52 AM

I went this morning at 5:00 to go fishing and the beach is lookin very nice..they have it smoothed out for the first 2miles all they way up to the dunes. You could easily take a 2 wheel drive on. The fishing drastically changed over night..the wind blew from a different direction and it was rough and pretty miserable..unlike yesterday..when chris limited out on trout. The bronc did great for the 10 miles down the beach that I drove until a good place to fish. Didn't catch too much but it was fun anyway.

#7 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:04 PM

It was so calm yesterday morning, that my bud that surfs went back home at 7AM, as the surf was too flat!!! It was definitely calm, since we rode comfortably in a Shoalwater bay boat with no problem. We had 3 or 4 sets of those rogue waves from Bonnie that were 10ft., about every 30 minutes. I did see the grader by the pier smoothing out the sand for the tourists, but most shore fishermen were 8-10 miles down. The wind is back out of the SouthEast tonight, so 4-6ft waves are the norm. No more fishing, but it's still a fun drive and the weather is like Fall. I just hope that Hurricane doesn't do too much in Florida.

#8 Ktomek06

Ktomek06

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 06:13 AM

I hope the wind changes back because I want to go fishing b4 schools starts again!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users