Posted 18 September 2004 - 06:00 AM

IHave a ''90'' eddie b and I am in need of a entire tailgate. any help

#2 BK85

BK85

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:85 XL Full Size, 302FI, 4spd manual, Alloys, 31.5" BFG Long Trails, Westin Step Bars, Front Seats and Console out of an Eddy Bauer, Sounds from a Taurus. 180,000 miles without a rebuild and still kickin.

Posted 28 September 2004 - 01:13 PM

I believe any 80 th 96 can be interchanged. LMHtruck.com has the shell and all the guts to go in them as well as Broncograveyard.com. I would look for a wreck someware. It'l be a whole lot cheaper.

BK85

#3 Seabronc

Seabronc

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 04:50 AM

It is LMCtruck ;) I would forget a junk yard. Ford designed this part to keep the iron content of the countryside up B) . I have yet to see a good gate in a junk yard since they usually are well rusted out long before the truck gets there. If you get a new one from LMC or Jeff's, take some time to do some rust preventive measures. Atleast coat the entire interior of the gate with a product like POR15, and make sure that the drain holes are open when done. I would also coat the outside of the gate at the bottom where the outside skin wraps back up to meet the inside part.

Good luck,

:)>-

"I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I did'nt say what I meant"

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users