Bronco Ii's All Standard 4x4?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_USMC4LIFE_*

Guest_USMC4LIFE_*

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:49 AM

Im not big on trucks too much but i would like to know if Ford ever made a Bronco 2 that didnt have or come with 4 wheel drive. I owned a black Bronco 2 Manual Trans. and it never had any 4X4 parts on it that i noticed, and my friends seems to insist that all Bronco 2's come with 4 wheel drive. Anyone have some solid info for me?

#2 walterm

walterm

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:21 PM

B2's came either 4x2 or 4x4. standard was 2wd and 4wd was optional.
being former Army, this just proved my point. jar-heads have no intelligance.

#3 4x4chevette

4x4chevette

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:05 PM

Yep bII's came with many options. 2 or 4d drive, auto or manual, 4cylinder diesel, 2.8 or 2.9 (rumored a few ahd 4.0, but never seen one) open rear hatch window, or not.. and soem even had factory soft tops on em.

#4 Guest_Blue_coyote_*

Guest_Blue_coyote_*

Posted 17 October 2004 - 09:59 AM

Damn Donny, its nice to see that your spelling is just as bad here as at RRORC man :lol:
The softtop (Sherrod, I believe) BII's were actually an "after-factory" option. My own was a VERY after-factory custom job...

The 2wd BII used the same 4x4 tranny, but with a dummy T-case that was gutted and just had a rear output coming off a solid through-shaft. Makes converting one to 4x4 a fairly simple project (unlike the Ranger which had a different engine X-member for the 2wd models)

I think the diesel BII is almost as much rumour as the 4.0 BII. I'd still like to try dropping an intercooled turbodiesel driveline from a Volvo V70 AWD into one, though >:)

#5 monty06

monty06

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:building ford trucks, computers, women,etc...

Posted 10 December 2004 - 07:10 AM

one of my b2's is a 4.0L NOT BEING SWAPPED IN
it's an 88 4wd with a softtop eddie bauer edition.

i didn't think it was so special but the guy had it in the garage well kept.
until i read up on it wow didn't know i had a rumored truck.

#6 STLKIKN

STLKIKN

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:EBs, EBs, Boobies... you know, all the important things in life!

Posted 10 December 2004 - 05:04 PM

I have seen the rumored Ranger with a Mitsubishi turbo four cyl diesel.... haven't seen a BII though....

#7 Billz4x4z

Billz4x4z

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Trucks,4 Wheelin,Workin on Stuff,campin,the outdoors,NASCAR,meetin new people to go wheelin with,Truck shows family time

Posted 10 December 2004 - 06:59 PM

Pre 1990 4.0......hmmmmmm :-B
If ya don't get hung up once in a while your not wheelin hard enough
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 Guest_Blue_coyote_*

Guest_Blue_coyote_*

Posted 10 December 2004 - 08:27 PM

I have seen the rumored Ranger with a Mitsubishi turbo four cyl diesel.... haven't seen a BII though....

Same here, but even with the turbo-diesel, it didn't have particularly decent hp or torque, even compared to the 2.3 gassers.

#9 FrankHgh

FrankHgh

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:47 PM

Im not big on trucks too much but i would like to know if Ford ever made a Bronco 2 that didnt have or come with 4 wheel drive. I owned a black Bronco 2 Manual Trans. and it never had any 4X4 parts on it that i noticed, and my friends seems to insist that all Bronco 2's come with 4 wheel drive. Anyone have some solid info for me?

My dad is a marine 1-3-7 "the chozin few". he got promoted to inactive duty in 2000. one of the 385 that returned of the 1700 from the first division. those two wheel drive were very good to have, not much for a chick magnet but better than walking. semper fi

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users