5 replies to this topic

#1 texan79&96

texan79&96

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 01:02 PM

my 79 bronco has quad shocks and if use trac bar drop i will need to lose the front set becase it is the trac bar mount. what are the differences between having them in front of the coil or behind it. i got some f250 towers i plan on running behind the spring so i can run a longer shock. is this the best way of me using a long travel shock if i use a drop trac bar baracket?

#2 Ziggy

Ziggy

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 09:11 PM

Stay with the quad shocks and get shocks with longer travel. My Rancho kit came with a new LH front track bar/shock mount that dropped the track bar and retained the front shock. I know you can buy just this piece from Rancho. Using 4 shocks is better then 2 as it will give you a better ride off road all around.

#3 Billz4x4z

Billz4x4z

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Trucks,4 Wheelin,Workin on Stuff,campin,the outdoors,NASCAR,meetin new people to go wheelin with,Truck shows family time

Posted 16 December 2004 - 06:00 PM

Definayely stay with the quad shock set up.....It would be better all around....
If ya don't get hung up once in a while your not wheelin hard enough
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 highboy73

highboy73

FORDing thru life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 10:26 PM

if you run itty bitty tires and cheap ass shocks what's the differance between 33's and good set of shocks?
I have an f-250 and it's about as heavy duty as they get (minus an f-350 or bigger)but it only has i shock on each side.I don't think 4 is any better than 2.buy the right shock for the right job.idiotzone red ryders ain't gonna cut it.
spend a little extra and get some good shocks,hell if you want to buy 4 buy them i just don't think you need them.
go ahead and agrue everyone but I really don't give a sh@t and if quad shocks were a good idea what happened to it?

#5 texan79&96

texan79&96

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 04:48 PM

how much of a drop is the rancho bracket?

#6 Ziggy

Ziggy

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:47 PM

About 2-3", enough to keep your suspension from doing weird things.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users