4 replies to this topic

#1 medic2575

medic2575

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 04:08 PM

Hello again guys. The bench seat in ole JED my 1976 F-150 4x4 is leaning to the right worn slap out. I wanted to know what year model Ford bench seats will fit my truck. Thanks alot

#2 Ziggy

Ziggy

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 07:43 PM

I believe 76-79 and maybe even newer then 79 will fit your truck. Best thing to do is take some measurments of the mounting brackets (front to rear and left to right) and then head to the junkyard.

#3 Billz4x4z

Billz4x4z

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Trucks,4 Wheelin,Workin on Stuff,campin,the outdoors,NASCAR,meetin new people to go wheelin with,Truck shows family time

Posted 24 December 2004 - 04:52 AM

With a little creativity you make any seat you want work.But if your lookin for a direct bolt in,any 73-79 should work.
If ya don't get hung up once in a while your not wheelin hard enough
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Slomar

Slomar

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Wheeling, Flying, Snowboarding, Video Games

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:07 PM

Ha! I had the same idea last year. Up here, near Philly, the yards don't have any whole 73-79 trucks. So my pops and I swapped out our bench for a 60-40 96 ford f150 seat. We had to take the seats down to the bolts and make some angle adjustments. I ended up using the bracket from the old seat for the right under leg lumbar. Is this confusing enough? We used some blocks of wood too. It was a major pain in the butt. They are really comfy though! I can upload pictures if you like.

#5 jake_262

jake_262

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:55 PM

have you tried looking on ebay? they have used seats on there all the time, well usually. Plus they have a brand new seat with two captian chairs and a center console and a kit that will make it fit your truck with no drilling, thats the way I'd go if it was a daily driver.

Hello again guys. The bench seat in ole JED my 1976 F-150 4x4 is leaning to the right worn slap out. I wanted to know what year model Ford bench seats will fit my truck. Thanks alot

View Post

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users